cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why can't I get my Yahoo mail to work on my recently upgraded Mozilla on my Mac OS X 10.7.4?

Highlighted
New User

Why can't I get my Yahoo mail to work on my recently upgraded Mozilla on my Mac OS X 10.7.4?

I just upgraded my Mozilla Firefox. My yahoo mail loads but opening an email takes forever and I cannot reply, forward, or delete any mail items.

My yahoo account works without a problem on my iphone so I know it is a problem with the computer/mail interface.

What can I do to fix this or go back to the old version of Firefox where I had no problems?

5 REPLIES
Site Moderator

Re: Why can't I get my Yahoo mail to work on my recently upgraded Mozilla on my Mac OS X 10.7.4?

New User

Re: Why can't I get my Yahoo mail to work on my recently upgraded Mozilla on my Mac OS X 10.7.4?

I'm having the same problem with Firefox-18 on my 10.4.7 system. In addition, the issue also occurs with SeaMonkey 2.15 which makes me think it isn't a problem with my FF history, etc. Regardless, I followed the "clean-up" instructions per the link above and they didn't help. The extensions I have installed are:

• Adblock Plus 2.2.1
  • BarTab Lite 1.2
  • Ghostery 2.8.4 (only ScoreCard Research Beacon was found and blocked)
  • HttpRequester 1.0.4
  • LastPass 2.0.0
  • Noscript 2.6.4.2 (No scripts are blocked)
  • Session Manager 0.7.9.4

NOTE that the same problem doesn't occur on FF-18 on my Windows-10 box (and all my Mozilla browsers are running at least Adblock, Ghostery, LastPass, and Noscript).

New User

Well, it seems like a compatibility problem with firefox 18 I have the same problem in 4 machines.... mail.yahoo works in chrome, safari and opera though

New User

Do you have ghostery or any other tracker/cookie filter? That seems to have been the problem, as foun din other thread in this site

New User

In my case, it appears that Ghostry was the problem (but for some reason, only on the Mac). I disabled blocking on mail.yahoo.com and Mail started working again...