cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why can't I click back, 1 page, with my mouse or backspace and left arrow on screen?

Highlighted
New User

Why can't I click back, 1 page, with my mouse or backspace and left arrow on screen?

Example, I start wit a page like www.nu.nl (newspage) and I surf one page to read something, then I cannot go back, to the first page, from where I started. This is only happend, when I use Firefox 4.

4 REPLIES
New User

Re: Why can't I click back, 1 page, with my mouse or backspace and left arrow on screen?

Hello there!

I'm sorry you're having this problem. Currently, Firefox does not offer functionality to customize these keyboard shortcuts. As such, if they're not working on your computer, I would check to see if you have any other programs which have keybinds that may interfere or override other programs. (For instance, I run Linux, and have key combinations which make interesting screen effects. If I were to keybind Alt-Backarrow to one of these effects, it could cause a problem.

Here is a list of the programmed combinations. Click here If you cannot get Alt-Backarrow to work, try Ctrl-[ .

Hope this helps!  Smiley Happy

New User

Re: Why can't I click back, 1 page, with my mouse or backspace and left arrow on screen?

The answer doesn't help. Moreover, in about:config, browser.backspace_action is set to 0 that's a zero

Legend

Locked or damaged places.sqlite

Check and tell if its working.

New User

Well, thats a long time ago, but, I have read the information what You wrote. Meanwhile, my problem solved by upgrading to Firefox 5. But thanks for your response.