Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where is the Firefox 19.0.1 update?

SOLVED
Highlighted
New Contributor

Where is the Firefox 19.0.1 update?

Last night (02/27/13) I got an alert to update to Firefox 19.0.1 on my Sony laptop running Windows 8. I installed the update. I did not get this update alert on my Windows 8 desktop computer. When I checked the Mozilla site today the Firefox download is still release 19.0. What happened?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Site Moderator

Re: Where is the Firefox 19.0.1 update?

Firefox 19.0.1 was for Windows 8 only, so it doesn't show up on our site.

10 REPLIES
Site Moderator

Firefox 19.0.1 was for Windows 8 only, so it doesn't show up on our site.

New Contributor

I don't understand. I'm on the wrong site? Where should I go with this question?

Site Moderator

If you want to download 19.0.1 on your other Windows 8 machine, just click the Orange Firefox button, then go to Help > About Firefox, and install the update.

New Contributor

I've done that. It shows that I'm running Firefox 19.0, and there is no option to update. Like I said earlier, when I go to the Mozilla Firefox page, as I've always done in the past for updates, the download button shows release 19.0 not 19.0.1.

Site Moderator

Please go to ftp://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/firefox/releases/19.0.1/win32/, pick your language, and download Firefox from there.

New Contributor

Ok, I went to the url you posted. I'm confused; it's a long list of file folders, and I have no idea what to do. I've never had to use ftp to install Firefox updates. I'm giving up for now. I'll wait and see what happens. Thanks for trying to help.

Site Moderator

You click the folder that is your language (if you are in the US, EN-Us) then download the update inside the folder and install it.

If the windows 8 machine that isn't updating isn't crashing though, you are really fine and don't need 19.0.1

New Contributor

The non-updated machine is running Firefox 19.0 just fine. I'll leave it at that for now. What I just don't understand is why the Firefox download page doesn't show the 19.0.1 update.

New Contributor

Not sure why either (I just installed it, pointlessly as I found out a few minutes later), but yeah the update was just fixing a stability issue for Windows 8 with AMD graphics cards. Compare the following two links:

http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/19.0/releasenotes/ http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/19.0.1/releasenotes/

This article says pretty much the same thing too (explains that the update is only available for Win8): http://news.softpedia.com/news/Firefox-19-0-1-Addresses-Issue-on-Windows-8-Only-333116.shtml