cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When using the Kunena forum at the Lwks.com site, it is not possible to add images to a post with FF18.0

SOLVED
Highlighted
New User

When using the Kunena forum at the Lwks.com site, it is not possible to add images to a post with FF18.0

I am a regular user of the Kunena-based forum at lwks.com. Kunena is a Joomla extension. I have been using this forum using Firefox for the past two years without problem. After updating to FF18.0 yesterday, I now find that I cannot insert images or other files into forum posts. When I click on the Add File button and select a file (e.g. jpg) the path to the file on my desktop no longer appears in the Add file box and the Insert button is missing so I am unable to insert the file as an attachment to the forum post.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
New User

Re: When using the Kunena forum at the Lwks.com site, it is not possible to add images to a post with FF18.0

Try changing the following 2 files:

in /components/com_kunena/template/default/js/editor.js

var input = __file.getElement('input.kfile-input')

to

var input = __file.getElement('input.kfile-input.hidden')

in /components/com_kunena/template/default/js/editor-min.js

var a=c.getElement("input.kfile-input").set

to

var a=c.getElement("input.kfile-input.hidden").set

25 REPLIES
New User

Re: When using the Kunena forum at the Lwks.com site, it is not possible to add images to a post with FF18.0

It was an issue with Mootools library not FF18

Mootools function getElement( "input.kfile-input" ) was finding

<input class="kfile-input-textbox"> instead of <input class="kfile-input hidden">

fixed by using getElement( "input.kfile-input.hidden " ) instead

Thanks for reporting.

New User

Many thanks for your reply.

New User

having the same problem using joomla 1.5 with kunena however we have a test site using joomla 2.5 and that works ok. Still have this issue

New User

Try changing the following 2 files:

in /components/com_kunena/template/default/js/editor.js

var input = __file.getElement('input.kfile-input')

to

var input = __file.getElement('input.kfile-input.hidden')

in /components/com_kunena/template/default/js/editor-min.js

var a=c.getElement("input.kfile-input").set

to

var a=c.getElement("input.kfile-input.hidden").set

New User

Many thanks fro the response.

SOLVED

New User

Thanks WooDzu alas it did not work on our site.

New User

What version is your site running?

Our is MooTools 1.2.5 (from MooTools Upgrade plugin), a minified and compressed version.

New User

Same version

New User

I could take a quick look if you share your site's URL