Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When removing form data

SOLVED
Highlighted
New User

When removing form data

Hi!

I have filled out a form on a web page and submitted it. On the next page I got a confirmation that the information was recieved. Then I removed all browser history (form data, search history, cookies and so on).

Is there any risk that this removing of browser history recalled or cancelled the already submitted data?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SUMO Contributor

Re: When removing form data

Some sites may use browser-side storage for document editing, tracking game scores, data authenticating you, and other transient data. However, in your scenario, when you submit a form and get a confirmation from the server that is has your data, the server is no longer relying on anything stored in your browser.

5 REPLIES
SUMO Contributor

No, once a form is submitted to the server, clearing your personal data in Firefox doesn't erase it from the server.

New User

Thanks! And it doesn't matter if I remove browser history one second after seeing the confirmation page or one hour?

SUMO Contributor

Some sites may use browser-side storage for document editing, tracking game scores, data authenticating you, and other transient data. However, in your scenario, when you submit a form and get a confirmation from the server that is has your data, the server is no longer relying on anything stored in your browser.

New User

Thank you very much for your answers!

New User

So regardless if the site uses browser-side storage, a sent form is recieved when I arrive to a page where the siteowner thank me for my contribution and give my submitted information an unique number.

The reason I ask is that the arrend is of great importance to me.