cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When I try to backup my bookmarks per the instructions, it saves in Internet Explorer and the file does not open

Highlighted
New Contributor

When I try to backup my bookmarks per the instructions, it saves in Internet Explorer and the file does not open

I save my bookmarks to my desk top and the Internet Explorer Icon displays next to the file. When I try to open it, it goes to IE and then a blank webpage appears and then disappears.

18 REPLIES
Legendary Contributor

Re: When I try to backup my bookmarks per the instructions, it saves in Internet Explorer and the file does not open

New Contributor

Re: When I try to backup my bookmarks per the instructions, it saves in Internet Explorer and the file does not open

It worked, thank you, but I am buying a new computer next week and I wanted it as simple as backing up to my USB and transferring like you can on IE. How can I do this?

Legendary Contributor

New Contributor

I am a little confused. I know I don't want to restore.

Legendary Contributor

Could you explain your problem in detail

New Contributor

I save/backup my bookmarks to my desk top and the Internet Explorer Icon displays next to the file. When I try to open it, it goes to IE and then a blank webpage appears and then disappears.

Legendary Contributor

If you export the Bookmark as .html file and try to open it in Firefox using "open with"

New Contributor

I exported the Bookmark to html. file. When I open with Firefox, it gives me the same html file.

New Contributor

I exported the Bookmark to html. file. When I open with Firefox, it gives me the same html file.