cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When I start Firefox, I only get the background of my browser in the Firefox window. I already reinstalled it, but that doesn't fix the problem.

SOLVED
Highlighted
New User

When I start Firefox, I only get the background of my browser in the Firefox window. I already reinstalled it, but that doesn't fix the problem.

When I start Firefox, I only get the background of my browser in the Firefox window. I the normal window for 1 second, but then it changes in only the background window. So without toolbar, or navigation. I already reinstalled it, but that doesn't fix the problem.

Tags (2)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Site Moderator

Re: When I start Firefox, I only get the background of my browser in the Firefox window. I already reinstalled it, but that doesn't fix the problem.

hello jonson00, please follow the troubleshooting steps described at Firefox opens with a transparent or blank window. if this resolves the issue, it would also be interesting which extension caused the issue in your case. thank you!

4 REPLIES
Support Forum Moderator

Re: When I start Firefox, I only get the background of my browser in the Firefox window. I already reinstalled it, but that doesn't fix the problem.

Try to disable hardware acceleration in Firefox.

Tools > Options > Advanced > General > Browsing: "Use hardware acceleration when available"
   https://hacks.mozilla.org/2010/09/hardware-acceleration/ 
   https://support.mozilla.org/kb/how-do-i-upgrade-my-graphics-drivers
New User

Unfortunately, I can't do that because there is no toolbar in the window or anything, just my background picture of firefox. See attachment...

2012-11-13-04-58-34-646143.png
Site Moderator

hello jonson00, please follow the troubleshooting steps described at Firefox opens with a transparent or blank window. if this resolves the issue, it would also be interesting which extension caused the issue in your case. thank you!

New User

Thank you, it's fixed! The extension that caused the problem is Codecv 1.0. I don't remember intstalling it, so I think it's some kind of virus.

Thank you for this quick fix