cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When I have more than one Firefox browser open and tabs, if I surf to another website, one or more browsers/tabs will also go to that website. How can I prevent this?

SOLVED
Highlighted
New User

When I have more than one Firefox browser open and tabs, if I surf to another website, one or more browsers/tabs will also go to that website. How can I prevent this?

In order to return the browsers/tabs back to the page they were on, I use the "Go back one page" arrow which restores the browser pages. There is no warning when this will happen. Most web pages are stored as favorites.

I frequently delete cookies and scan for spy ware and viruses.

I have not done anything to try to resolve this issue permanently.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Site Moderator

Re: When I have more than one Firefox browser open and tabs, if I surf to another website, one or more browsers/tabs will also go to that website. How can I prevent this?

Start Firefox in Troubleshoot Firefox issues using Safe Mode to check if one of the extensions or if hardware acceleration is causing the problem (switch to the DEFAULT theme: Firefox (Tools) > Add-ons > Appearance/Themes).

3 REPLIES
SUMO Contributor

Re: When I have more than one Firefox browser open and tabs, if I surf to another website, one or more browsers/tabs will also go to that website. How can I prevent this?

Upgrade your browser to Firefox 8 and check

Site Moderator

Start Firefox in Troubleshoot Firefox issues using Safe Mode to check if one of the extensions or if hardware acceleration is causing the problem (switch to the DEFAULT theme: Firefox (Tools) > Add-ons > Appearance/Themes).

New User

Thank you so much for your responses!

I disabled the add-on DownloadHelper and I haven't experienced my issue since then.