cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When I create a new tab it always presents a Yahoo search engine rather than my home page (Google). A new session of firefox does not do this but acts normally

SOLVED
Highlighted

When I create a new tab it always presents a Yahoo search engine rather than my home page (Google). A new session of firefox does not do this but acts normally

When opening a new tab, the 'homepage' presented in the new tab is a Yahoo homepage. If however, I open a new session of Firefox rather than a new tab, I get my normal Google homepage.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Site Moderator

Re: When I create a new tab it always presents a Yahoo search engine rather than my home page (Google). A new session of firefox does not do this but acts normally

Start Firefox in Troubleshoot Firefox issues using Safe Mode to check if one of the extensions is causing the problem (switch to the DEFAULT theme: Firefox (Tools) > Add-ons > Appearance/Themes).

4 REPLIES
Site Moderator

Re: When I create a new tab it always presents a Yahoo search engine rather than my home page (Google). A new session of firefox does not do this but acts normally

Start Firefox in Troubleshoot Firefox issues using Safe Mode to check if one of the extensions is causing the problem (switch to the DEFAULT theme: Firefox (Tools) > Add-ons > Appearance/Themes).

Thanks, Cor-el, your help is much appreciated. You solved by problem. Alan

Site Moderator

You're welcome

New User