cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is Skipity and why does it show on my Firefox?

Highlighted
New Contributor

What is Skipity and why does it show on my Firefox?

I use Firefox 3.6.22 on a Mandriva Linux desktop. Now between Translate and Facebook is something named Skipity. I have a feeling I have not seen it before, Anyway I do not like what it shown when clicking on it. How do I get rid of it?

Regards Lars Backman, Helsinki

16 REPLIES
Senior Contributor

Re: What is Skipity and why does it show on my Firefox?

Hi lars.backman- Skipity is a search engine. It can be installed on Firefox as an Add-on. If you did this, you would be able to remove it from your Add-ons manager.

• Firefox > Tools> Add-ons> Look under Extensions or Plugins for 'Skipity' and remove it
New Contributor

Hello rbillings, This is what I did in the first place, but Skipity is not listed in either place. Nor are Screenshot, Translate or Facebook.

Regards Lars Backman

2012-02-04-09-00-38-703582.png
Support Forum Moderator

That is a feature of the toolbar add-on those button are sitting on - maybe related to "saving videos". Open up View > Toolbars to see what the name of that toolbar is and then open Add-ons > Extensions and look for that toolbar extension. Look at Options for that extension and see if you can turn off that Skipity button.

New Contributor

Skipity is part of Download youtube videos + 12.0 add on by konverts. this is the latest version. which has apparently been teamed up with facebook. so look under add ons/ extensions. to disable or remove.

New Contributor

Remove Download youtube video 12.0 and Skipity is gone -- you won't find skipity as a separate addon -- and show your disdain for this type of treatment by PERMANENTLYboycotting both spotify and download youtube. This kind of malware (skipity has a worse "privacy policy" than Facebook and Google) that cannot be deactivated without removing a formerly useful add-on must be the newest things in drive-bys..

Note just went to skipity's website to complain and found out that you are REQUIRED to post your email -- nothing unusual about that, except it automatically rejects hotmail, gmail, yahoo, etc domain names. THIS Company is pure poison to your privacy. DON'T USE IT: read what they laughingly call their privacy policy, it make FACEBOOK look like a bastion of privacy protection.

New Contributor

Just remove the Download Youtube addon

New Contributor

Thanks for repeating what I said in the very first line of my post.

New Contributor

Hi to all helpers,

I'm glad you helped me (us) out with this pityful Skipity ; I was growing vey angry at it when seeing it wasn't suppressable by using the normal way. Thx again

MrMojo

New Contributor

Thanks, but you must also click Restart Now.