cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What happened to Send Link? It seems to have disappeared after upgrading to Firefox 16.

SOLVED
Highlighted
New Contributor

What happened to Send Link? It seems to have disappeared after upgrading to Firefox 16.

The right click menu option "Send Link" appears to have disappeared from Firefox 16 (desktop). Why? Is it coming back. I used this feature several times a day (and so did several of my friends). There does not seem to be a Add-On to can perform the same function. Please Help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Senior Contributor

Re: What happened to Send Link? It seems to have disappeared after upgrading to Firefox 16.

Edited 2012-10-27 to add the following information about a new Addon:

A new Add-on that will add a "Send Link" option to the context menu when right-clicking on a link on a page:

Original post marked as solution by the original poster is below the break

Changes have been made in Firefox 16 to some of the right-click menu options. The changes were made by Mozilla developers after research into the use of certain right-click options.

Bugzilla:

30 REPLIES
Senior Contributor

Re: What happened to Send Link? It seems to have disappeared after upgrading to Firefox 16.

Edited 2012-10-27 to add the following information about a new Addon:

A new Add-on that will add a "Send Link" option to the context menu when right-clicking on a link on a page:

Original post marked as solution by the original poster is below the break

Changes have been made in Firefox 16 to some of the right-click menu options. The changes were made by Mozilla developers after research into the use of certain right-click options.

Bugzilla:

New Contributor

I have Firefox 15 and can't send a link. When I hold the ALT key down, the file menu disappears. This was a sudden change--not when I last updated Firefox.

Site Moderator

Judy429, your issue is different as you should start a new thread. https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/new/desktop

Senior Contributor

Judy429: The first 7 words of my reply above are "Changes have been made in Firefox 16"

Post a new question, please, as that reply does not apply to your situation

New Contributor

Please bring back the Send Link context item !

Senior Contributor

ffuser0:

No developers on this forum, just users helping users. Developers made the decision and the "Send Link" on the right-click context menu is unlikely to return. Please try the suggestions that I made in my reply above.

You can make that suggestion by clicking Help > Submit Feedback. You will not receive a reply to your suggestions made there but they will be seen by developers.

New Contributor

As a frequent right-click Send Link user, I think this was a bad change. But there is still File > Email Link in the menu bar (which I didn't know about previously).

Site Moderator

The removal of the Send Link from context menu was in the works since late March 2004 as it took them this long to finally remove it.

It's still in the File menu and the Firefox app menu as Email link.

New Contributor

This is crap. I could simply right click and send a link, now I have to go to the top of the page and click menu then go down to Email a link? Utter STUPIDITY! Make things 10X harder. Just pushing me closer to using CoolNovo full time that much sooner.

Luckily I found an addon that restores the email via right click, but it's now at the bottom of the menu, a pain but doable. I guess the code monkeys had nothing better to do this week but screw up a useful part of FF....