cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What can be done about FireFox repeatedly "Not Responding"? i'd give more detail but don't get an error message.

Highlighted
New Contributor

What can be done about FireFox repeatedly "Not Responding"? i'd give more detail but don't get an error message.

I think it's something to do with Flash or java as it happens almost every time i go to stltoday.com or a tv news website. I'm up to date on Firefox and everything else, I believe.

3 REPLIES
Site Moderator

Re: What can be done about FireFox repeatedly "Not Responding"? i'd give more detail but don't get an error message.

hello, maybe it's an issue with the protected mode in the flash plugin - you could try if downgrading to flash 10.3 (which is still supported) or disabling protected mode makes a difference.

New Contributor

Re: What can be done about FireFox repeatedly "Not Responding"? i'd give more detail but don't get an error message.

Thanks! I'll give that a try.

New Contributor

That seems to have helped somewhat but has not alleviated the problem. Going to this page- http://www.smh.com.au/technology/technology-news/spying-eyes-or-a-bit-of-fun-drones-fly-off-the-shel... -caused Firefox to "not respond" for about a minute. The audio from the video that started automatically could be heard but i could not stop the video or leave the page until FireFox started responding. I didn't have a problem with it using IE. TIA!