cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Websites with flash photo galleries do not display photos in firefox.

Highlighted
New Contributor

Websites with flash photo galleries do not display photos in firefox.

I manage several websites that use the 'expose' photo gallery. Expose uses flash to display photos in the photo galleries. When you go to one of these web sites and click on the photo gallery link, the photos are not displayed, the page shows the gallery buttons but no photos. Using Internet Explorer or Chrome browsers, the photo galleries work fine. Here are 3 web sites to view; www.wishardgallery.com - click on photo gallery www.applemanart.com - click on art gallery www.jewelimages.com - click on any of the gallery links on the left menu

Do the same with IE or Chrome to see the photos displayed.

17 REPLIES
Legendary Contributor

Re: Websites with flash photo galleries do not display photos in firefox.

Please check if all your plugins are up-to-date. To do this, go to the Mozilla Plugin Check site.

Once you're there, the site will check if all your plugins have the latest versions. If you see plugins in the list that have a yellow Update button or a red Update now button, please update these immediately.

To do so, please click each red or yellow button. Then you should see a site that allows you to download the latest version. Double-click the downloaded file to start the installation and follow the steps mentioned in the installation procedure.

Site Moderator

Some galleries are displayed via JavaScript, so if they aren't working the make sure that you aren't blocking JavaScript.

Start Firefox in Safe Mode to check if one of the extensions (Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Extensions) or if hardware acceleration is causing the problem (switch to the DEFAULT theme: Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Appearance).

• Do not click the Reset button on the Safe mode start window or otherwise make changes.

Check the "Tools > Page Info > Media" tab for blocked images (scroll through all the images with the cursor Down key).
If an image in the list is grayed and there is a check-mark in the box "Block Images from..." then remove that mark to unblock the images from that domain.

See also:

New Contributor

I did have a java plugin that needed updating, but it did not fix the problem. Can you view the photo galleries I mentioned using your firefox browser?

Legendary Contributor

i'm able to view the images...

Site Moderator

New Contributor

Where or how do I find the "tools/media/page info" tab?

New Contributor

yes I did try "safe mode" same problem.

Site Moderator

Press the F10 key or tap the Alt key to bring up the "Menu Bar" temporarily if the menu bar is hidden.

You can access the "Page Info" window via the Tools menu and via the right-click context menu in the browser window and via the Site Identity Button on the location bar.

New Contributor

I have tried all the suggestions, nothing works. Did I mention that this is happening to other machines, not just mine. Only PC's using Firefox as the browser , or MAC's using Safari as the browser. If I/they use IE or Google Chrome, the photo galleries work/display just fine.