cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V9 Portal

Highlighted
New Contributor

V9 Portal

When I click in newtab it goes to www.v9.com/br/newtab. Notice that it happens just when I click in newtab. I would like to control the way that the newtab works.

Thank you very much

22 REPLIES
New Contributor

Re: V9 Portal

In the address line enter the following and hit enter. about:addons In the resulting page, click on 'Plugins' to the left. I'm guessing there would be some v9 related plugin showing up there. Click on the 'Disable' button to disable that plugin. Restart Firefox and see if the issue is resolved.

New Contributor

I'm sorry, there isn't a V9 plugin in the addons page.

Thank you.

New Contributor

From control panel -> Programs and Feature and locate there program named new tabs uninstall (I do not recall this 100% correctly but Publisher was ELEC technology) and by uninstalling it removed the annoying new tab feature from new tab Smiley Happy

New Contributor

It keeps coming back.. v9 in new tab how do i revove it ???

New Contributor

Did you run the uninstaller from programs and features?

New Contributor

no, it was not there!!!! cant find it anywhere!!!

Senior Contributor

Read and follow the 5 steps under "How do I turn the new tab page off?" in the following article to reset what opens when you click the New Tab button.

You can also try the following Add-on to reset your search engines. The Add-on runs once then removes itself from your Add-ons.

New Contributor

i have Firefox 16, none of the tricks you told, is working! v9 keeps coming back, cant iven find it in : about:config.

hope someone can help.

New Contributor

I have managed to remove it by disabling the add-on Proxy Tool. Hope that helps.