cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updated to FF 13.0 and Yahoo Mail won't stay signed in-even after deleting cookies.

Highlighted
New Contributor

Updated to FF 13.0 and Yahoo Mail won't stay signed in-even after deleting cookies.

I am using Firefox 13.0 Beta 2 and my Yahoo Mail account, which is set to sign in every two weeks, is requiring me to log in every 20-40 minutes. I experimented with my wife's account and it does the same thing.

47 REPLIES
Site Moderator

Re: Updated to FF 13.0 and Yahoo Mail won't stay signed in-even after deleting cookies.

you might want to try disabling the yahoo toolbar in firefox > addons > extensions & see if that makes any difference.

Site Moderator

Re: Updated to FF 13.0 and Yahoo Mail won't stay signed in-even after deleting cookies.

Websites remembering you and automatically log you on is stored in a cookie.

• Create an allow cookie exception (Tools > Options > Privacy > Cookies: Exceptions) to keep such a cookie, especially for secure websites and if cookies expire when Firefox is closed.

Make sure that you do not run Firefox in Private Browsing mode.

Do not use Clear Recent History to clear the "Cookies" and the "Site Preferences"

Clearing "Site Preferences" clears all exceptions for cookies, images, pop-up windows, software installation, and passwords.

New Contributor

Thanks cor-el, but I had seen that on another thread and done all of the above with negative results.

Site Moderator

You have created an allow exception for the site(s) that yahoo uses?

If clearing the cookies doesn't help then it is possible that the file cookies.sqlite that stores the cookies is corrupted.
Rename (or delete) cookies.sqlite (cookies.sqlite.old) and delete other present cookie files like cookies.sqlite-journal in the Firefox Profile Folder in case the file cookies.sqlite got corrupted.

New Contributor

I did change the exception setting and found a list of saved passwords. I deleted all of the yahoo passwords I found there and am going on two hours without having to sign in again. So far. So good.

New Contributor

Sorry it took me a while to get back here. I have been working and away from this computer. I was wrong...I'm still having the same issues. To update:

I was mistaken on having created the exceptions. I had just changed the settings. I added exceptions for: http://us.mg6.mail.yahoo.com/neo/launch?.rand=bh7fvrkcom2l1 mail.yahoo.com and yahoo.com

I searched the entire computer (including hidden files) and registry for the cookies.sqlite and related files and found nothing.

I also had disabled the yahoo toolbar and it didn't make any difference.

Between this and a separate networking issue, I'm about shoot the damn things and go back to pen and paper.

I'm going to let it go a couple of hours and see if it does it again. If so, I'm going to do a revo uninstall to make sure I kill everything and start over from scratch.

New Contributor

Here's the screenshots of the messages I get. I noticed that sometimes it just requires my password and after clicking on it (but not all the time) it will then require both my username and password. So basically I have to sign in twice on occasion before it will go to yahoo mail. The 999 message has only occurred once, but I attached it, too.

And BTW, you guys are a lot more help than yahoo is. They replied on Thursday and it said just to make sure I'm using the latest browser version. I sent a ton of into back and never got another reply.

2012-05-12-13-29-03-6aa30a.png 2012-05-12-13-28-13-99dafc.png 2012-05-12-13-28-35-574971.png
New Contributor

I tried to paste the troubleshooting information but it is too big and won't paste into MS Paint, either. If you need it, let me know how I can attach it.

UPDATE (WITH SKY HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE AND AM ABOUT TO BLOW): 30 minutes or so later and it required me to sign in again. I'm going to have to wipe it and start clean.

Regular Contributor

Are you sure its not any addon or plugin of yours that causing the problem?