cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to create a Mozilla Persona account, but I'm not receiving the confirm credentials e-mail after three tries. Help?

Highlighted
New User

Trying to create a Mozilla Persona account, but I'm not receiving the confirm credentials e-mail after three tries. Help?

I'm trying to create a persona account for: (Email removed by mod) but when I try to sign up after I've entered my e-mail and new password, I do not receive my confirmation e-mail (after repeated attempts).

10 REPLIES
Site Moderator

Re: Trying to create a Mozilla Persona account, but I'm not receiving the confirm credentials e-mail after three tries. Help?

First, you need to update to Firefox 17.0.1. Then go to http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/persona/ and use the "try it out link" to sign up for a persona account

New User

Re: Trying to create a Mozilla Persona account, but I'm not receiving the confirm credentials e-mail after three tries. Help?

Thank you for your response. Still not having any success.

• I've updated Firefox to 17.0.1 version
  • I navigate to the url you suggested, and do not see any "try it out" out link (screenshot attached). I do see a link beneath "Try it Yourself" which takes me to OpenPhoto. The only account I can create there seems to be an OpenPhoto account.

Am I looking in the wrong place?

2013-01-03-12-54-35-4ae0c4.png
Site Moderator

Try it Yourself is what I meant, sorry. If you create an account on OpenPhoto, you've created a Mozilla Persona account.

New User

The only way to open a Persona Account is to provide credit card info? That is definitely not something we'll be able to use because several of our students do not have credit cards.

2013-01-03-13-04-54-953d34.png
Site Moderator

You are totally in the wrong place. Go to https://login.persona.org/, if you try to login with your email and password, can you?

New User

The original url you gave me was: http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/persona/ which is in the first screenshot I provided. If I am in the totally wrong place, it is because that is where I was recommended to go.

I cannot login with my email and password, for as I stated in the beginning, I'm not receiving the confirmation email message that validates my email address in order to create a Persona account.

Site Moderator

Try to check your spam filter, it's most likely sitting there

New User

I have checked my spam filter numerous times. I have refreshed my inbox numerous times.

Site Moderator