Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ToolTip/MetaText when I hover is not showing since upgrade to 22

SOLVED
Highlighted
New User

ToolTip/MetaText when I hover is not showing since upgrade to 22

Since v22.0 UPGRADE When I hover over various icons such as on my Purchase history page on ebay it no loner pops up with the information like 'Payment refunded' From a similar report last year I suspect it is because I'm using the Google Toolbar. Any chance of a fix please?

N.B. Yes Google Toolbar is deprecated as it is unsupported, has to be hacked to work and I have to use compatibility checker (disabler) but I have to use Google Toolbar. I and a number of other people use Google tool bar's to share book marks extensively on numerous machines and none of the suggested alternatives offer what we need in bookmarks and some of GoogleToolbar's other features using a single toolbar! If a fix doesn't appear soon we will have to revert to FireFox 21. or move to Chrome.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
New User

Re: ToolTip/MetaText when I hover is not showing since upgrade to 22

I installed the "URL Tooltip" add-on and my hover links are back. Thank you so much.

9 REPLIES
Site Moderator

Did you at least check if this is caused by the Google toolbar by temporarily disabling this extension/toolbar?

If that is the cause then it is up to you to decide whether to keep it and continue to have the problem or uninstall/disable it.

New User

Yes sorry I should have tried that. I can now confirm that disabling the Google toolbar allows the ToolTip to work. Are you saying that there is no chance that Firefox will be made to not clash like V 21.0? If no chance then we will have to downgrade or move to Chrome. If there is a chance FF will be changed then we can survive a few weeks. Thanks for all the work.

New User

It is only necessary to install firefox add-on "No Tooltip Timeout". You can see tooltip even with the use of Google Toolbar.

New User

I installed the "URL Tooltip" add-on and my hover links are back. Thank you so much.

New User

URL Tooltip' Add on mainly solved the problem but: Some icons/links come up with a small blank little box or the box appears at the end of the 'Tip' text (About text height) Also FF 25.0 has problems with new tabs. I've made a posting about that at:https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/977259

New User

I have this problem too. I have FF ESR 24.1.1 and my tooltips have not been displaying for quite a while. I started FF in safe mode and the tooltips did show. So I tried disabling all my extensions and plugins, no luck, tooltips still not working. Then I 'reset Firefox' thinking that would have to help. Nope. Then I removed all my extensions and disabled all the plugins again. Nope. Tooltips still display if I start FF in safe mode. When I hover over text that should have a tooltip I sometimes see a quick flash of the text trying to display and it immediately goes away. Please tell me how to debug this?

New User

I also tried to install URL tooltip and that did not work either.

Support Forum Moderator

New User

Thanks for your suggestion, tried it and it still didn't help. I did some more investigation and found that the problem exists in the BASE ESR install from our company.