cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

To display this page, Firefox must send information that will repeat any action (such as a search or order confirmation) that was performed earlier.

Highlighted
Grand Master

To display this page, Firefox must send information that will repeat any action (such as a search or order confirmation) that was performed earlier.

How do I stop Firefox from asking ("To display this page, Firefox must send information that will repeat any action (such as a search or order confirmation) that was performed earlier.") when I try to go back to a previous page?

13 REPLIES
Site Moderator

Re: To display this page, Firefox must send information that will repeat any action (such as a search or order confirmation) that was performed earlier.

You get an alert about resending POST data if you go back to a page that was previously requested from the server by submitting form data via a POST form. The only way that Firefox can make sure to get the same page is by resending that POST form. Firefox doesn't know what that form data means, so Firefox asks for confirmation before resending that form data as such an action can cause you to repeat an action and buy another item or post a message another time. The only way to prevent that pop-up is not to use the Back button, but to open links from a page that was requested from a server by sending a POST form in a new tab (window) with a middle-click or a Ctrl + left-click. Then you can close that tab or window to go back.

Grand Master

Re: To display this page, Firefox must send information that will repeat any action (such as a search or order confirmation) that was performed earlier.

I have a password window that when checked the confirm pops up wit to display this page,firefox must send information that will repeat any action that was performed ealrier.

Grand Master

cor-el - moderator

Excuses, cover up, as to you do not know how to fix this your self and you cover up for the people who work on this browser.

Lots of people are sick of this...

We love Firefox but not when it dose this, they have to figure out a way to fix this. "Do you see how many people complain"

The back button is essential for a pleasant browsing experience and nobody want to resend anything twice.

Grand Master

Mozilla should put in a checkbox to allow you to always make the same selection (resend). I also love Firefox, but this is a pain...

Grand Master

Node to Mike, pain.... lots of pain

Grand Master

firefox should address this problem-internet explorer is looking better everyday

Grand Master

For crying out loud please fix this issue - this is not an issue on Chrome or IE. Mind you I don't use Failfox except when I'm forced to at work - but a particular work website brings this up EVERY time I use the back button. It used to be quick for me to browse around the site using hot keys, including backspace, but not its slow and irritating.

Come on Failfox team, sort out your problems. Let the user make the decision on whether they want to see this crap.

Grand Master

Also happens when you press the refresh button, such a pain!

Grand Master

for anyone interested I took this issue to MYCE http://club.myce.com/f1/bad-experience-fire-fox-browser-314263/