cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

There is no "manage account" option for sync on any of my devices, and I can't set up any new sync devices. How do I fix this?

SOLVED
Highlighted
New Contributor

There is no "manage account" option for sync on any of my devices, and I can't set up any new sync devices. How do I fix this?

Since none of my devices have a "manage account" selection under Sync (or Sync set up), there's no way to get or reset my recovery key. I only see "Set up Firefox sync" and "Pair a device". Everything else leads to a dead end without access to a recovery key or being able to manage the account.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Support Forum Moderator

Re: There is no "manage account" option for sync on any of my devices, and I can't set up any new sync devices. How do I fix this?

The Sync Recovery Key isn't sent to Mozilla, only the user has their Recovery Key.

Do you still have the PC / Device where you originally sey up Sync?

27 REPLIES
Site Moderator

Re: There is no "manage account" option for sync on any of my devices, and I can't set up any new sync devices. How do I fix this?

hello, when you only see "Set up Firefox sync" and "Pair a device" on your devices it means that firefox sync hasn't been set-up up there yet...

How do I set up Sync on my computer?

Site Moderator

New Contributor

I DON'T HAVE 'MANAGE ACCOUNTS' ON THE SYNC PANEL, I AM USING FIREFOX AURORA VERSION 27.0a2 (2013-11-03) PLEASE SEND MY RECOVERY KEY ANY OTHER WAY IF POSSIBLE. THANX.

2013-11-05-04-20-22-afba24.png
Support Forum Moderator

The Sync Recovery Key isn't sent to Mozilla, only the user has their Recovery Key.

Do you still have the PC / Device where you originally sey up Sync?

Site Moderator

Hi imaigar

You first need to set up a sync account to be able to manage that account.
If you have ever used Sync before then you need to use the second button "I have an account". Otherwise you need to create a new Sync account via the first button.

If Sync is already set up on another computer then you can use the 12-character code to pair a new device and enter the code on the other computer.

Both devices need to be online at the same time if you want to pair a device with the (3x4) 12-character code.
Sync needs to be set up and working on at least one (desktop) computer, so you can enter the 12-character code, provided by the device (computer) that you want to pair, in three fields to pair a device on the computer that has a working Sync setup.

Enter all details like the account name (email address) and password and the 26-character Sync key manually to connect to an existing sync account instead of using the 12-character code to pair a device if pairing isn't possible.

1. open "Tools > Options > Sync" or "Firefox > Set Up Sync"
  2. click "Set Up Firefox Sync" to go to "Firefox Sync Setup"
  3. click "I Have an Account" : Connect
  4. click "I don't have the device with me" at the bottom to enter the account settings (email, password, sync key)
New Contributor

Mozilla, you are making this more difficult but making it cyclic it keeps going back without resolving the issue here. I have a Desktop which is the mail account for Firefox, when I try to ad a device it asks for the recovery key which does not show on the "setup sync" GUI at all. whats the issue here ?

Support Forum Moderator

When Set Up Sync shows in the menu, it means that Sync isn't set up on that computer. You need to retrieve the Recovery Key from a computer where Sync is already set up or use the Pairing feature to set up Sync.

New Contributor

I have the key and copied from my email which I sent from the desktop, when I enter the password and username (from the Mozilla password manager), and key it says "invalid username or password.

Site Moderator

Can you log in to your Sync account?