cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The taskbar no longer appears. I want the taskbar with all open windows, time, date, etc. to appear when firefox is open.

SOLVED
Highlighted
New Contributor

The taskbar no longer appears. I want the taskbar with all open windows, time, date, etc. to appear when firefox is open.

THE TASKBAR NO LONGER APPEARS WHEN FIREFOX IS OPEN. I HAVE NO WAY TO SEE OPEN WINDOWS. I HAVE NO DATE/TIME, ETC. ALSO THE LOCATION BAR IS GONE SO I HAVE NO WAY TO ENTER NEW URLS. IT IS JUST THE CONTENT FILLING THE WINDOW. I HAVE WINDOWS XP SERVICE PACK 2 I THINK. RESTORE THE TASKBAR!!!!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Legendary Contributor

Re: The taskbar no longer appears. I want the taskbar with all open windows, time, date, etc. to appear when firefox is open.

Press the F11 key in keyboard, probably you are in full screen mode .

thank you

3 REPLIES
Legendary Contributor

Re: The taskbar no longer appears. I want the taskbar with all open windows, time, date, etc. to appear when firefox is open.

The Taskbar must not be set to "Keep on top of other Windows"
Start>Control Panel>Taskbar and Start Menu.

in Taskbar and Start Menu proporties, on the Taskbar tab, select "Keep on top of other Windows"

Legendary Contributor

Press the F11 key in keyboard, probably you are in full screen mode .

thank you

New Contributor

I already did stipulate "Keep on top of other Windows" . Problem continued. But F11 was instant magic & solved my problem. Excuse the irritable username"sickofyou" Some days my computer is exasperating. Anyway thank you ideato!