cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The recent websites that I visited now longer show when I click the new tab button. Only a page asking if I want to use private browsing.

Highlighted
New Contributor

The recent websites that I visited now longer show when I click the new tab button. Only a page asking if I want to use private browsing.

The new tab no longer shows recently visited webpages. I enjoyed this feature. It now only shows a page that asks me if I want to use private browsing. The solution to open the tab and right click on the sites did not return the previously visited sites. I would like to know how to get the new tab button to show my previously visited sites again. Thank you.

1 REPLY
Site Moderator

Re: The recent websites that I visited now longer show when I click the new tab button. Only a page asking if I want to use private browsing.

Make sure that you do not run Firefox in (permanent) Private Browsing mode.

• Tools > Options > Privacy: Use custom settings for history
  • Deselect: [ ] "Always use private browsing mode"

Start Firefox in Safe Mode to check if one of the extensions (Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Extensions) or if hardware acceleration is causing the problem (switch to the DEFAULT theme: Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Appearance).

• Do not click the Reset button on the Safe mode start window or otherwise make changes.