cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The "remember passwords for sites" box is graytone and I cannot click on it. How can I save password?

SOLVED
Highlighted
New Contributor

The "remember passwords for sites" box is graytone and I cannot click on it. How can I save password?

Firefox... Using Windows 7 -- Tools --> Options --> Security Cannot click on "Remember Passwords for Sites", only on create Master Password. What might be wrong? Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Site Moderator

Re: The "remember passwords for sites" box is graytone and I cannot click on it. How can I save password?

Note that running Firefox in Private Browsing mode also disables this check box.

• Tools > Options > Privacy: Use custom settings for history
  • Deselect: [ ] "Always use private browsing mode"
4 REPLIES
Site Moderator

Re: The "remember passwords for sites" box is graytone and I cannot click on it. How can I save password?

hello dhannay, do you use a norton security product by any chance? it might interfere with the firefox password management...

http://community.norton.com/t5/Norton-Toolbar-Norton-Identity/NIS-2013-Norton-Toolbar-Unselects-Fire...

otherwise you could try to reset firefox and see if this makes a difference (this will keep your bookmarks and passwords): Refresh Firefox - reset add-ons and settings

New Contributor

Not using Norton. Followed suggestion to "Reset Firefox" and that worked well, although my menu bar was lost and I had to get into Toolbars to reestablish it. Now everything is proper again. Thanks "madperson" !

Site Moderator

Note that running Firefox in Private Browsing mode also disables this check box.

• Tools > Options > Privacy: Use custom settings for history
  • Deselect: [ ] "Always use private browsing mode"
New Contributor

Thank you cor-el, this and resetting Firefox has solved my problem. dh