cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The new version of Firefox was installed a few days ago, and I set it up the way I wanted; now it gets re-installed every day, and I have to set it up again.

SOLVED
Highlighted
New Contributor

The new version of Firefox was installed a few days ago, and I set it up the way I wanted; now it gets re-installed every day, and I have to set it up again.

I just want to know why Firefox thinks it needs to be reinstalled every day, and what I can do to stop it.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
All Star Contributor

Re: The new version of Firefox was installed a few days ago, and I set it up the way I wanted; now it gets re-installed every day, and I have to set it up again.

You mean it keeps updating itself? You can disable the Mozilla Maintenance Service and see if that helps. This page explains how:

You could set Firefox so that it does not do automatic updates as well. The settiing is in Options > Advanced > Update.

5 REPLIES
All Star Contributor

Re: The new version of Firefox was installed a few days ago, and I set it up the way I wanted; now it gets re-installed every day, and I have to set it up again.

You mean it keeps updating itself? You can disable the Mozilla Maintenance Service and see if that helps. This page explains how:

You could set Firefox so that it does not do automatic updates as well. The settiing is in Options > Advanced > Update.

Legendary Contributor

This article also might be relevant: How to fix preferences that won't save.

Site Moderator

Site Moderator

Please update to firefox 19, then read How to fix preferences that won't save

New Contributor

Disabling the Mozilla Maintenance Service seems to have worked, at least so far. Thanks to every one for all the suggestions.