Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Add-On Manager keeps "Loading"

SOLVED
Highlighted
New User

The Add-On Manager keeps "Loading"

When I select "Add-Ons" or go to that tab, I get a Loading.... message continually. I have seen other reports on this problem that state I should click on extensions or plugins. I have tried this however the "loading...." persists. I have let it run for hours but it never loads. The reason I am trying to get the add-ons to load is because I have read that a certain add-on needs to be disabled in order to stop that annoying pop-up window that tells me about "Browser settings change". That is the real problem I am trying to get rid of. A previous post says to disable the recent add-on but I can't get the add-ons to load. Hope this is not too confusing.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Site Moderator

Re: The Add-On Manager keeps "Loading"

hello trader4300, this sounds like the files in your profile folder that store the information about your extensions might have become corrupted. please g to firefox > help > troubleshooting information > profile - show folder... then windows explorer should open up your profile folder. in there look for the files named extensions.ini, extensions.sqlite, extensions.sqlite-journal (and in some cases also extensions.txt, extensions.rdf). delete or rename those files and quit firefox, they will be regenerated the next time you launch firefox.

als see https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/Unable%20to%20install%20add-ons#w_co...

3 REPLIES
Site Moderator

hello trader4300, this sounds like the files in your profile folder that store the information about your extensions might have become corrupted. please g to firefox > help > troubleshooting information > profile - show folder... then windows explorer should open up your profile folder. in there look for the files named extensions.ini, extensions.sqlite, extensions.sqlite-journal (and in some cases also extensions.txt, extensions.rdf). delete or rename those files and quit firefox, they will be regenerated the next time you launch firefox.

als see https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/Unable%20to%20install%20add-ons#w_co...

New User

Yes, that fixed the Add-on not loading issue. Thank-you so much for that info.

New User

SOLVED