Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text is being distorted

SOLVED
Highlighted
New User

Text is being distorted

More and more frequently, when I open a web page, the text is distorted. If I place another window over the text or highlight it, the distortion disappears. If I scroll the web page, the distortion scrolls with the text.

I've attached an image. Does anyone know what this is or how I can fix it?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Site Moderator

Re: Text is being distorted

Try to disable hardware acceleration in Firefox.

Try to update the graphic display driver.

51 REPLIES
New User

Added an image.

2013-03-01-09-31-15-2037df.png
New User

Added a second image

2013-03-01-09-31-26-db19f1.png
New User

I have the exact same problem. I get it a lot when I am scrolling the page. I uploaded a pic of this site where the distortions are pretty strong. The more I scroll back and forth the worse it gets. Once the distorted text is highlighted they disappear but yeah... that's hardly a solution.

Got Windows 7 x64, ATI Radeon 3870 HD, Firefox version 20.0.

2013-03-01-09-30-48-f53d29.png
New User

I just noticed, on youtube when I move the cursor over the video links, the text of other video links will randomly distort. This seems to cause the distortions more "reliable" even.

First pic is where the text is ok, 2nd pic is where I just moved the cursor down the links and then up again.

2013-03-01-09-49-07-0471f9.png 2013-03-01-09-48-55-911af7.png
New User

While I have exactly the same problem I've discovered that it only happens when I run fullscreen. The same page is fine when I switch to a smaller screen and immediately returns when switching back to fullscreen. It also seems to come and go as I scroll down the page. It happens on all pages regardless of typeface of layout. Mozilla needs to fix this ASAP!

What all of these people said. I have the exact same problems and it started after the latest Firefox update.

Site Moderator

Try to disable hardware acceleration in Firefox.

Try to update the graphic display driver.

New User

Cor-el, it's my work PC that's having the issue, so I'll have to try that on Monday. Thank you for the suggestion.

New User

Updating my display driver worked for me so far. Turning hardware acceleration off before I updated the driver worked for me as well. Thanks cor-el <3 ^^