cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tab searching, when I click for a new tab it automatically comes up with yahoo search which is not my default search engine. How do I change this?

Highlighted

Tab searching, when I click for a new tab it automatically comes up with yahoo search which is not my default search engine. How do I change this?

As above, when I click on a new tab it automatically comes up with yahoo search.

I don't want it to do this and cannot find how to change it.

It may have come about when I was downloading some software, I am not sure. I certainly didn't intentionally make it happen.

3 REPLIES
Expert User

Re: Tab searching, when I click for a new tab it automatically comes up with yahoo search which is not my default search engine. How do I change this?

Firefox's behavior is to open a blank page when you open a new tab. Your issue is most likely caused by one of the add-ons you have. Please see here: Troubleshoot extensions, themes and hardware acceleration issues to solve common Firefox problems

Re: Tab searching, when I click for a new tab it automatically comes up with yahoo search which is not my default search engine. How do I change this?

Gryllida, thank you so very much. Problem solved.

Expert User

The issue seems to have been resolved.

davidkimpollard@netspace, please close the thread so that 'solution chosen by....' line appears at the top.

Thanks!