cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sync says it is sending me a password reset but I never receive it

Highlighted
New Contributor

Sync says it is sending me a password reset but I never receive it

I have never had Sync work on a consistent basis for me. I am trying yet again to start from scratch to make it work right.

I asked for Sync online to email a password reset, and it says that it sent the password reset, but I never recieve the email. I know I am not inputting my email address incorrectly.

I also tried a different email address and Sync correctly rejects the email address as not having a Sync account.

Tags (3)
21 REPLIES
New Contributor

Re: Sync says it is sending me a password reset but I never receive it

comments deleted by a moderator - If you don't have anything positive to contribute which helps the "owner" of a question thread, please refrain from posting anything at all. If you need help with a problem of your own, please start your own question thread and ask for help. Otherwise you are interfering with the support process for the "owner" of this thread and that won't be tolerated here.

New Contributor

Dude

That is totally not helpful

Support Forum Moderator

Sorry, the password reset email notification system has been down for the last 3 or 4 days. A bug report has been filed and they're working on fixing it.

New Contributor

Thanks for the news.

I really wish that Sync was more user friendly ESPECIALLY WHEN YOU HAVE TO RESET THE SYNC SET UP YOU ALREADY HAD.

The key thing is very confusing.

I would have like to just quickly blow my old data and start over, but even that did not work.

Support Forum Moderator

The Sync Key / Recovery Key is the "encryption algorithm" for your data when your data is "off" your devices traveling to and from the Sync server, and while on the Sync server. A person would need to have your Sync Key to be able to de-scramble your data.

To "start over" it might be easier to just use another email address to create an all new account

New Contributor

Yes I understand that using another email address would help solve the problem, but I am already on my second email address. I just don't want to keep using up my email addresses. They get tied up in this system, then I can't use them anymore.

This is very frustrating.

I would bet anything that people are just giving up on Sync without complaining. Someone just needs to look at the UI of the Sync Tab so that it provides people with enough guidance to take the steps need to solve their Sync set up problems. FIrst get the email password reset garbage taken care of .

Site Moderator

Did you try to delete that sync account and recreate a new account with that same email or try to reset the sync key as that also resets the data stored on the sync server?

New Contributor

It does not appear to be away to delete the account to a point were you can start fresh and create a new account with the same email address. Did not matter how many times I reset the Sync key, it would always reject the sync key.

My first problem was how Sync online would never send me a password reset. It would say it did then never send it.

Site Moderator

If you haven't confirmed a new password then your old password should still work and you should be able to delete that sync account via the link that I posted above.

Resetting the password for a sync account doesn't fix any problems with that sync account.
To achieve that you will at least have to generate a new sync key to reset all data stored on the sync server.