Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strange arrows on Bookmarks Bar

SOLVED
Highlighted
New Contributor

Strange arrows on Bookmarks Bar

There are a strange set of arrows on my Bookmarks Bar. Please check this URL: http://commondatastorage.googleapis.com/cocorocara/MyScreenshot.png The underlying bookmark has nothing to do with it. Even if I delete the bookmark, the arrows still remain. I am using Firefox 3.6.13 on Ubuntu 10.10. I haven't installed any new extensions or themes. How can I get rid of these arrows? Thanks for your help. CC

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Expert Contributor

Re: Strange arrows on Bookmarks Bar

Those arrows usually appear when you drag an item to the bookmarks toolbar. Do they stay after a Firefox restart? Does this issue take place in Troubleshoot Firefox issues using Safe Mode?

3 REPLIES
Expert Contributor

Those arrows usually appear when you drag an item to the bookmarks toolbar. Do they stay after a Firefox restart? Does this issue take place in Troubleshoot Firefox issues using Safe Mode?

New Contributor

Hi! Thanks for your reply. Yes, the arrows used to remain after restart.

There were no arrows in safe-mode.

When I restarted in normal mode after exiting from safe-mode, the arrows are no longer visible. Now no more arrows in either mode!

I had never noticed those arrows earlier, and I don't remember adding any new bookmark to the toolbar recently.

Anyway, Thank you. I will mark the issue as solved.

CC

New Contributor

I have the same problem in firefox 4 on ubuntu 10.10. The arrows appeared after I switched back to the default theme from a theme that was incompatible with firefox 4. I have tried starting in safe mode; the arrows are still there in safe mode.