cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Some Websites do not display correctly (i.e. Facebook & Mozilla Page)

Highlighted
New Contributor

Some Websites do not display correctly (i.e. Facebook & Mozilla Page)

Recently when I visit Facebook and the Mozilla Page on my Desktop Computer (I am writing this on my laptop because this website does not function on my PC) using Firefox, the pages do not display correctly. Instead of the Facebook page appearing in it's usual blue-coloured format it shows as lines of text (not HTML code, but just lines of text, such as "Connect with friends..." in a different font than it should, its all black and white, no colour). Also the top of the screen has written "Facebook Logo" in blue underlined italics instead of the actual logo.

Does anyone know what may be causing this problem? If so, could you provide me with a solution? I have already tried several support topics (i.e. clearing cache, cookies etc.) but this does not help.

Please tell me if you require more detail or wish for me to elaborate/describe my issue in an alternate way.

Thank you very much.

Tags (2)
19 REPLIES
Grand Master Contributor

Re: Some Websites do not display correctly (i.e. Facebook & Mozilla Page)

Hello,

In order to better assist you with your issue please provide us with a screenshot. If you need help to create a screenshot, please see How do I create a screenshot of my problem?

Once you've done this, attach the saved screenshot file to your forum post by clicking the Browse... button below the Post your reply box. This will help us to visualize the problem.

Thank you!

Grand Master Contributor

All Star Contributor

Does the problem still occur when you run Firefox in Safe Mode?

Firefox Safe Mode

Site Moderator

Make sure that you haven't enabled a High Contrast theme in the Windows/Mac Accessibility settings.

Make sure that you allow pages to choose their own colors.

• Tools > Options > Content : Fonts & Colors > Colors : [X] "Allow pages to choose their own colors, instead of my selections above"

Note that these settings affect background images.

See also:

New Contributor

Here is a screenshot.

2013-08-06-05-09-30-9381f0.png
New Contributor

ComputerWhiz, yes the problem still occurs, which means that it isn't caused by add-ons, correct?

New Contributor

cor-el, I have tried the steps you specified and nothing seems to work, it still appears the same. Thank you though

Grand Master Contributor

Does Resetting fix the problem.

Site Moderator