cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Some Persian Fonts appears unconncected (departed) in Version 6 (Ex. www.p30download.com).

SOLVED
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Some Persian Fonts appears unconncected (departed) in Version 6 (Ex. www.p30download.com).

Some Persian fonts which were alright in version 5.0.1 are now departed (unconnected) in version 6.0 final. For Example: http://www.p30download.com Look at the tabs in the upper side of the web page. That specific font looks faulty. I checked some other web pages, too. The same problem.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
New Contributor

Re: Some Persian Fonts appears unconncected (departed) in Version 6 (Ex. www.p30download.com).

سلام به همه

در قسمت آدرس

about:config

را بزنید و تأیین نمایید و عبارت زیر را در لیست پیدا کنید:

gfx.downloadable_fonts.sanitize

مقدار آن را به

false

تغییر دهید.

موفق باشید

35 REPLIES
New Contributor

Re: Some Persian Fonts appears unconncected (departed) in Version 6 (Ex. www.p30download.com).

I think this problem due to lack of support for the Persian web fonts instead of all the Persian fonts Other examples: 1pezeshk (In Navbar and Post title) Weblogina (In Navbar and Post title)

Please fix this problem Thanks FF

New Contributor

Man ke in moshkelo nadaram donoghte di!

Regular Contributor

I checked a lot of Persian web pages. All of the texts appear to be fine. However that specific font has the issue. Also in Mihan Download we can see the problem with that font in titles of the columns and the main topics. I think that the support of that font is overlooked in the new version. (Wondering how that is possible...!).

Note: The problem is checked both in Win7 x64 and x86.

New Contributor

This website too have problem with font: Nukers.IR

Please repair the font for firefox 6.0 final Tnx

Legendary Contributor

Troubleshooting extensions and themes

Troubleshooting plugins

Clear Cookies & Cache

Clear the Network Cache

You can also do a check for corrupted fonts and other font issues:

-> CreativeTechs Tips: Garbled Fonts Troubleshooting Guide

-> Font Book 2.0 Help: Checking for Damaged Fonts

-> Try to disable "Morphological Filtering" in the Catalyst display driver

• Catalyst Control Center > 3D Settings > Disable Morphological Filtering

Check and tell if its working.

New Contributor

the problem is persian letters are not seperate like english letters

when the desingers use additional font in web design the letters are sepearated but this problem not happend in main fonts like arial and tahoma and there is an exception , in bbcpersian.com font is loaded but with no problem

you can see this page with problem: http://silverboy.ir

and in this photo you can see the problem exactly

2011-08-19-05-17-25-78f2df.jpg
Regular Contributor

That's exactly the faulty font, the one showed in the picture silverboy65 attached to the previous post. I'm going to try the tricks mha007 provided. I come up with the results as soon as I'm done.

Regular Contributor

I tried all of the provided ways, none did the trick.

• Extra Information:

Tests: Operating Systems checked: 7 x64, 7 x86 (Almost latest updates), XP SP3 x86. Versions Checked: 3.6.x, 4.0, 5.0.1, 6.0 final, 7.0b1 Status of FF Checked: Both with Cached data and All Cache cleared. Also checked in fresh new installations in all OS. Safe mode is checked too. Results: The results were same in all operating systems checked. There seemed to be no problem in versions 3.6.x to 5.0.1. The versions 6.0 and 7.0b have the problem.

Note: I guess this is no ordinary problem to be solved with common ways. The guess is that the support for this font has been overlooked in the new version or something must be bugging it since everything was fine in 5.0.1 and previous versions down to 3.6.10.

New Contributor

In fact Firefox 6 and 7 beta have problem with fonts embed in CSS for Farsi / Persian or other RTL languages like Arabic, Urdu etc. For example you visit this website ( http://drkarimirad.com) which is using same embed fonts technique for all pages. Even worse situation when departed letters effects and change the layout.

Here I'm attaching an image to show how Farsi letters should appear, and how they appear in FF6 - 7 beta.

2011-08-19-15-31-58-07b345.png