cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Since upgrade to Firefox 18.0.2 (have Mac OS X 10.6.8) absolutely no videos play. Flip4Mac & Silverlight installed. Videos work on every other browser.

SOLVED
Highlighted
New User

Since upgrade to Firefox 18.0.2 (have Mac OS X 10.6.8) absolutely no videos play. Flip4Mac & Silverlight installed. Videos work on every other browser.

I have used Firefox without incident for years (like ten+). When Firefox came out with its 18.0.2 version, I upgraded to Mac OS X 10.6.8 because I kept getting messages from Firefox that it no longer worked with the older Mac operating systems. Since day 1 absolutely no videos will play. I have spent ridiculous amounts of time trying to figure it out. Yes, I have installed the most recent version of Flip4Mac and Silverlight. And yes, videos plan with absolutely no problem on every other web browser I have tried.

I like Firefox. I depend on Firefox FTP for my website. I really don't want to have to switch anything.

But I also don't have any more time to waste trying to figure out what the problem is. Please send me whatever info I need in order to make this work, or I will have to put my time into transferring bookmarks, etc. to (yuck) Safari.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Site Moderator

Re: Since upgrade to Firefox 18.0.2 (have Mac OS X 10.6.8) absolutely no videos play. Flip4Mac & Silverlight installed. Videos work on every other browser.

Please update to Firefox 19.0.2, then update to Flash 11.6.

4 REPLIES
Site Moderator

Re: Since upgrade to Firefox 18.0.2 (have Mac OS X 10.6.8) absolutely no videos play. Flip4Mac & Silverlight installed. Videos work on every other browser.

Please update to Firefox 19.0.2, then update to Flash 11.6.

All Star

I have the same version of Mac OS and I am not having problems with videos. Some videos will require other plugins, however. If you want to play videos on YouTube, you need Flash. You should already have a QuickTime plugin. You can check to see what plugins you have in Library/Internet Plug-Ins.

New User

finitarry wrote: "I have the same version of Mac OS and I am not having problems with videos. Some videos will require other plugins, however. If you want to play videos on YouTube, you need Flash. You should already have a QuickTime plugin. You can check to see what plugins you have in Library/Internet Plug-Ins."

I have all the plug-ins. The problem has to be with this version of Firefox.

Tylerdowner wrote: "Please update to Firefox 19.0.2, then update to Flash 11.6." Thanks, I'll try that.

New User

Success! Updating to Firefox 19.0.2 then updating Flash did the trick. Thanks to you both the the ideas.