Good afternoon, I have windows 7 and I´m using Internet Explorer but when I get into hotmail, using firefox (latest version 5) or chrome, this program tells me that the certificate has expired and not how to fix this.
The system date is correct and there is no virus in the pc because I had examinated with my antivirus ESET NOD32 4.0.474.0.
The message is: secure.shared.live.com443 uses an invalid security certificate. The certificate expired on 07/07/2011 21:00.
This problem it´s just about Hotmail, what solution you can offer?
Thank you for your attention.
Which certificate is meant by that error message?
Check the pref browser.xul.error_pages.enabled on the about:config page and make sure that the value is set to the true (default).
You can retrieve the certificate and check the certificate.
Let Firefox retrieve the certificate: "Add Exception" -> "Get Certificate".
See if you can locate that certificate in the certificate manager.
To open the about:config page, type about:config in the location (address) bar and press the "Enter" key, just like you type the url of a website to open a website.
If you see a warning then you can confirm that you want to access that page.
Good afternoon, thanks for your attention but I have not still able to solve this problem, although I have done all the instructions that you tell me. All is alright but I can´t find solution with this problem. I would like that you tell me another possibility. Then I attach these pictures.
there's more things that I can do it? Thank you so much for your attention.
I´m looking forward your answer.
Check the date and time in the clock on your computer: (double) click the clock icon on the Windows Taskbar.
Hi, I have checked the time and the date in my computer and all is alright. Also I have synchronized the servers used to configure the hour of internet.
Then, I have enabled the access certificates to web pages and users ( look at the third picture)
Finally, I have tried to deactivate the Firewall but the problem is continue. There's more things that I can do it?
You shouldn't set trusted bits for intermediate certificates that show as Software Security Device in the Certificate Manager like I see in that third screenshot. Such bits should only be set for Builtin Object Tokens (root certificates). You can try to remove the intermediate certificate that is related to that error to see if that makes Firefox retrieve and store the correct certificate from the server.
Rename the file cert8.db to cert8.db.old in the Firefox Profile Folder to remove all intermediate certificates that Firefox has stored by visiting secure websites.
If that helped to solve the problem then you can remove the renamed file cert8.db.old unless you have user certificates that you may want to export first and import them in the new file.
Otherwise you can restore the certificates by renaming (copying) the file back to cert8.db
Firefox will automatically store new intermediate certificates when you visit websites that send them.
Firefox Profile Folder: