Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Search.us.com has taken over my firefox how do I remove

SOLVED
Highlighted
New User

Search.us.com has taken over my firefox how do I remove

please assist in removing search.us.com it has taken over Firefox I like Firefox and don't want this rubbish I don't know how it got here - I am desperate have tried everything- have run a full scan Malware pro I have windows xp

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Regular User

Re: Search.us.com has taken over my firefox how do I remove

This is well known hijacker, thus make sure you uninstall everything installed recently from control panel.. Install Search reset plugin from FF. If this won't help, run anti-malware scan with Adwcleaner or other tool

20 REPLIES
Senior User
Senior User

Support Forum Moderator

Regular User

This is well known hijacker, thus make sure you uninstall everything installed recently from control panel.. Install Search reset plugin from FF. If this won't help, run anti-malware scan with Adwcleaner or other tool

New User

Hello, you can find video guide how to remove this hijacker from browsers (including Firefox) here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4hjW6iKaWA I hope it will be helpful

New User

Dear PCFixHelp,

As I commented in this thread here, your video still does not demonstrate the correct way to uninstall Search.us.com. Your recommendation to create a new Firefox profile can remove Search.us.com, but it also leaves the user's other settings (e.g. bookmarks) stranded in the old profile.

The easiest way to uninstall Search.us.com is to use the official and free stand-alone uninstaller, ResetBrowsers.exe. Alternatively, users can use Windows Control Panel to uninstall the Search.us.com browser extensions, and then follow our uninstall instructions.

If all else fails, please email contactus at search.us.com for free uninstallation support by email. There is no need to purchase an app such as "Spyhunter" if you only wish to remove Search.us.com.

Official Search.us.com representatives will never ask you for payment, or other sensitive personal information.

New User

Dear Giedrius_M,

I would appreciate it if your site would provide our more precise—and free—uninstallation instructions. (We have attempted to submit them to your site in the past.) There is no need for users to purchase Spyhunter or Hitman Pro, as we provide free email support to users who are unable to use the simple uninstaller included with the Search.us.com toolbar.

Thank you!

Official Search.us.com representatives will never ask you for payment, or other sensitive personal information.

New User

Type about:config in browser Search fro Startup You will see the culprit in browser.startup.homepage Right click on this and select modify or reset. This works but somehow it comes back again. Maybe it has to do with a game SWTOR

New User

Hi mancub,

Changing your about:config settings won't stick until you remove Search.us.com from Firefox's user.js file. You can email contactus at search.us.com for free help.

New User

So let me see if I have this straight. Search.us bundles itself invasively into programs without out knowledge then, when we honestly attempt to get rid of it, you drop into a legitimate forum and suggest that we download yet another piece of malware to get rid of the first malware. Seriously, have you no shame at all?