cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remember passwords is grayed out all the sudden

Highlighted
New User

Remember passwords is grayed out all the sudden

The "Remember Passwords" is grayed out. It has been working just fine and just stopped! How do I fix this?

3 REPLIES
Site Moderator

Re: Remember passwords is grayed out all the sudden

• Make sure that you not run Firefox in Private Browsing - Use Firefox without saving history mode
  • In Private Browsing mode some menu items are disabled (grayed) and features like visited links are disabled and not showing
  • You are in Private Browsing mode if you see "Tools > Stop Private Browsing", possibly grayed
  • You enter Private Browsing mode if you select: Tools > Options > Privacy > History: Firefox will: "Never Remember History"
  • To see all History settings, choose: Tools > Options > Privacy, choose the setting Firefox will: Use custom settings for history
  • Uncheck: [ ] "Automatically start Firefox in a private browsing session"

See also:

New User

I've NEVER HAD or USED Private Browsing. My problems has nothing to do with this Private-thing ........ anyone have a fix for this?

New User

I had to re-install firefox to get the "remember passwords" to work again. This is a "flaky" browser problem. You would think firefox would get this fixed rather than have all those false and misleading fix posts they put on the forum!!