Realplayer "Download this Video" doesn't work on Firefox

Realplayer "Download this Video" doesn't work on the latest vesrion of Firefox

Tags (2)
19 REPLIES
Legendary Contributor

Re: Realplayer "Download this Video" doesn't work on Firefox

You can check whether the add-on is enabled or disabled here:

orange Firefox button or classic Tools menu > Add-ons

Check both the Extensions and Plugins categories. If it is already enabled, hopefully someone who uses the add-on can add their thoughts.

New Contributor

I have done that and more, still no solution. I think it is an issue between Firefox and Realplayer. Really disappointing.

Legendary Contributor

Are you using the "Browser Record" feature of RealPlayer, or the separate RealDownloader add-on (http://www.real.com/realdownloader)?

Is the problem that the button doesn't appear above the video, or that the button doesn't do anything when you click it?

New Contributor

I think it is the built in "Browser Record" as I haven't downloaded extras for RealPlayer. And no, the button doesn't appear above the video as if Realplayer has stopped recognizing Firefox.

New Contributor

I suspect this is deliberate, although I have no idea why. Realplayer keep coming up with a downloader that does work with FF, and at the next revision FF have made it incompatible again. This has been happening for so long now that I'm certain that this is a game of cat and mouse.

I just wish someone would tell me why.

Legendary Contributor

Hi JJMMWGDuPree, add-on developers can mark their add-ons has having both a minimum and maximum version. When you go into your add-ons lists and try to Enable it, is that impossible? Are you sure you have the latest version?

orange Firefox button or classic Tools menu > Add-ons > Extensions category
orange Firefox button or classic Tools menu > Add-ons > Plugins category

New Contributor

I've just downloaded the latest version.of FF, and I upgraded Realplayer a couple of weeks ago.

When this problem first occurred way back in the mists of time I could go into 'Tools' and enable the downloader with no detectable ill-effects, but over the last few FF upgrades the 'Enable' button has vanished.

New Contributor

I think I agree with you on this. Funny how RealPlayer downloads videos fine when I upgrade Internet Explorer but not when I upgrade Firefox. This latest version of Firefox is the slowest and worst I've ever used. It locks up pages, won't load pages, can't download videos..........it's a mess!

If Mozilla keeps coming out with this garbage, I'll have no choice but to switch to something else that works the way Firefox used to.

New Contributor

If you download and try to install RealPlayer Downloader while you still have RealPlayer on your hard drive, it will not install.