cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Real Player Video Downloader does not work anymore - isn't even accessible anymore - after Firefox / Adobe Flash Player update, how to fix this?

SOLVED
Highlighted
Grand Master

Real Player Video Downloader does not work anymore - isn't even accessible anymore - after Firefox / Adobe Flash Player update, how to fix this?

Real Player Video Player no longer provides option to download after my Firefox / Adobe Flash Player updated. How can this be fixed?

This happened

Every time Firefox opened

== After FireFox / Adobe Flashplayer Update

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
New User

Re: Real Player Video Downloader does not work anymore - isn't even accessible anymore - after Firefox / Adobe Flash Player update, how to fix this?

Very simple. Open your Firefox Browser,then click Tools on the upper left side,then click on Add-ons then click extensions then enable your add-ons. Reopen your Firefox browser and real player down loader should work.

40 REPLIES
Grand Master

Re: Real Player Video Downloader does not work anymore - isn't even accessible anymore - after Firefox / Adobe Flash Player update, how to fix this?

I had the same problem found this from another source online it worked for me:- type about:config in the address bar Then in the filter box type dom.ipc.plugins.enabled.npswf32.dll.

Then change the value to false.

After doing this restart firefox and now the realplayer flash downloader should start working again.

Grand Master

hi, anonymous, apparently that value can't be changed. there is no button or whatsoever to do that. Can you please provide further info? Thanks.

Grand Master

Thanks anonymous, I can't believe it but your fix worked. I don't know why nobody thought of this earlier. Thanks again, I really appreciate it.

Grand Master

I would just add, for steandric, that you just click on the entry that comes up and the value changes to user-defined and false

Grand Master

Nice, this worked great for me, excellent work. Was annoying not being able to use the downloader plugin.

Grand Master

Hi Anonymous - had the same problem and followed your instructions - all works fine now - magic - thanks a lot. Smiley Happy

Grand Master

Worked for me too thanks

Grand Master

Thanks that fix worked...rediculous but it did! haha

Grand Master

this worked for me too, but won't this manual change affect any functionality on the plug-ins or something?