cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with new (Firefox 19) PDF viewer

Highlighted
New User

Problem with new (Firefox 19) PDF viewer

When I go to a website and click on a link to a PDF, and it opens in the new Firefox PDF viewer, some random letters are missing from the text. If I download the file and look at it in either Reader or Acrobat, it looks fine. I'm a little concerned because this file is part of my online portfolio. Is this a known issue? If so, is it likely to be fixed soon? Is there anything about the way a PDF is created that could cause (or prevent) this?

I'm not worried about the fact that I see this on my machine, I'm worried about whether other people will see it on theirs -- so I'm mostly curious about how widespread this is and if there's anything I can do at my end to prevent it. Thanks for any suggestions!

4 REPLIES

Re: Problem with new (Firefox 19) PDF viewer

Could you provide the PDF link and snapshot of that..

let me check that..

New User

Here it is: http://www.aamorgan.com/Rural_Schools.pdf

When I view it, there are letters missing from my name (second line), the first green headline, the last headline on page 2, and the first headline on page 3 (there may be more, but those are the ones I noticed).

Thanks very much.

Sorry for that, its a bug.

Thanks for your information.

Site Moderator

I see those missing characters if I select the text with the mouse and then click elsewhere e.g. the location bar to remove the focus away from the page.