cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please help me uninstall Blekko- Thanks!

Highlighted
New User

Please help me uninstall Blekko- Thanks!

every time I open firefox- Blekko appears

19 REPLIES
Support Forum Moderator

Re: Please help me uninstall Blekko- Thanks!

Are you saying that Blekko is your homepage now?

Or that on the default homepage - about:home - that Blekko is the Search Engine in the top part of the window?

Legend

-> Tap ALT key or press F10 to show the Menu Bar

-> go to Help Menu -> select Restart with Add-ons Disabled

Firefox will close then it will open up with just basic Firefox. Now do this:

-> go to View Menu -> Toolbars -> unselect All Unwanted/Incompatible Toolbars

-> go to Tools Menu -> Clear Recent History -> Time range to clear: select "EVERYTHING" -> click Details (small arrow) button -> place Checkmarks on Cookies, Cache -> click Clear Now

-> go to Tools Menu -> Options -> General -> in Startup section click Reset to Default button

-> go to Tools Menu -> Options -> Content -> place Checkmarks on:

1) Block Pop-up windows 2) Load images automatically 3) Enable JavaScript

-> go to Tools Menu -> Options -> Privacy -> History section -> Firefox will: select "Remember History"

-> go to Tools Menu -> Options -> Security -> place Checkmarks on:

1) Warn me when sites try to install add-ons 2) Block reported attack sites 3) Block reported web forgeries

-> go to Tools Menu -> Options -> Advanced -> Network -> Offline Storage (Cache): click Clear Now button

-> Click OK on Options window

-> go to Tools Menu -> Add-ons -> Extensions section -> REMOVE All Unwanted/Suspicious/Incompatible Extensions (Add-ons)

-> go to Tools Menu -> Add-ons -> Appearance section -> REMOVE All Unwanted/Suspicious/Incompatible Themes (Persona)

-> Restart Firefox

You can enable your Known & Trustworthy Add-ons and Themes later. Check and tell if its working.

New User

My issues, is that when I open a new tab I have this giant search box for blekko in the middle of the page. When I type in my search box all I get is blekko for a search engine. I hate blekko and want my normal search engines back. I just went through this with Babylon and almost never got that off my computer. I did not download this and do not want it. PLEASE HELP!!!!

New User

I did it!!! I just hit tools on the top in the menu and then add-ons and it let me disable the one I needed to disable and now blekko is gone. YEAH!!!

New User

The newest release of the "Ad-Aware" Antivirus program has blekko included as part of its toolbar. You can go to the uninstall programs in Windows and remove it from there.

New User

Brilliant bye bye blekko

New User

I removed Blekko ok via the control panel 'add or remove programmes' I followed the instructions of 'mha007' above

BUT BLEKKO is still there

Also, Blekko does not appear in my list of 'Add-ons' when I go to the 'tools' option for add-ons

Any ideas PLEASE?

Legend

-> Start Firefox in -> Troubleshoot Firefox issues using Safe Mode to check if your add-ons/extensions are causing the problems.

Check and tell if its working normally while using Firefox in Troubleshoot Firefox issues using Safe Mode.

Also if your search results are being displayed in some other search engine, try this extension to reset Google as your default search engine in Firefox -> SearchReset

New User

This add-on seemed to work. On re-starting, It had changed the startup page to Mozilla Firefox's own page, with a search box. I clicked on 'history' and back to my familiar 'igoogle' set up page, and ' Blekko' had gone from the upper righthand box, and it was back to good old Google.

But when I decided to put an item in the search box on the Mozilla Firefox startup page - it went straight to a Blekko searchpage of results!  ??

As 'Blekko' is some sort of virus, I've no way of knowing what it is doing as it's still hidden in some way within the pc, even though my 'free' scans show no threats are present.

So I am going to return the computer to its factory settings and spend an hour or so setting it up again. And I'll do this every time I want to buy something. Otherwise I won't ever dare buy anything over the net again, in case my card details are being read by these clever malware hackers.

Thank you for all your help. I will follow this thread, and hope someone can find a cure for this nuisance.