cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pages VERY slow to load since downloading Firefox 6.0. How do I fix or reinstall old version please!

SOLVED
Highlighted
New Contributor

Pages VERY slow to load since downloading Firefox 6.0. How do I fix or reinstall old version please!

Since I downloaded the latest version - 6.0 of Firefox, I am having serious slowness of page loads. Nothing has changed in my PC or Network configuration and in the past have had very fast loading of everything - even streaming of videos, etc. The only thing I found in your help about all pages loading slowly was something about a proxy add ons issue - but I don't have that enabled. It seems to be even worst when I am submitting a form -

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Support Forum Moderator

Re: Pages VERY slow to load since downloading Firefox 6.0. How do I fix or reinstall old version please!

Try clearing your browser cache.

Tools > Clear Recent History... - hit Details and make sure only Cache is selected, then select Everything and hit the Clear Now button.

31 REPLIES
Support Forum Moderator

Re: Pages VERY slow to load since downloading Firefox 6.0. How do I fix or reinstall old version please!

Try clearing your browser cache.

Tools > Clear Recent History... - hit Details and make sure only Cache is selected, then select Everything and hit the Clear Now button.

New Contributor

I have the same problem. Firefox 6.0 is very slow on forums (vBulletin Version 3.8.7) with generally dog slow scrolling and is completely unusable if there are any embedded youtube videos in the forum page. Attempts to scroll past the video leave the video stretched out across what should have been several screens worth of scrolling. The same pages worked pretty well in Firefox 5.x and fly by in Chrome. That tells me it's a Firefox 6.0 issue. We really need a rollback to 5.x until this is fixed.

New Contributor

The solution is to move to Chrome. I had the same problems with 6.0. The update is garbage. Totally ruined Firefox. I can't get ANY support from Mozilla so it's pretty clear to me that they are trying to compete with IE for the crappiest browser: slow, buggy, freezes, and no support.

Google crew must be all smiles after this new release from FF.

Since I switched, I've had ZERO issues with ANY site.

New Contributor

Is that the answer to everything. How about a real fix. Pages refuse to load. If you hit the stop loading page button and then hit refresh, the page will load. If you don't the page will try to load forever. I left a page for over a hour and it never did load. If Firefox releases one more update like this I'm done. I tried to go back to Firefox 5.0, but now whatever they did to screw up 6.0 is doing the same to 5.0. I tried deleting Firefox and starting over with a fresh install for both, but still just garbage. Also, the whole time I've been typing this another page in another tab as been trying to load. Is Firefox updating without testing this stuff because there is a security problem? Rats!

New Contributor

Thank you for the suggestion the-edmeister - Clearing the cache does indeed seem to have solved the issue.

New Contributor

It's more than just slow... and clearing the cashe may help temporarily, but that is not a fix. I never had to do that manually before in 3.6.2

FF is actually freezing and refusing input upon long loads. The only solution so far is to back-grade to version 3.6.2 - I am now please with FF again since doing so.

Versions 4-6 just don't work well enough, consistently enough to utilize when it counts. I refuse to be a beta tester for FF. I need a browser that works flawlessly and consistently, without having to troubleshoot. That browser is FF - 3.6.2

New Contributor

Using Firefox 6 the BBC news site http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/ will take ages to load if at all (with cleared cache). Un-install and reinstall Firefox 5 and it loads in an instant, this happens with loads of sites. I tested with a clean profile no add-ons with plugins up to date. I also tried Firefox 7 beta - same problem. My OS is Windows 7 64bit.

New Contributor

Firefox 6.0 - Same issues. Very slow loading on no connection. I often stop the load and reload - this usually fixes the problem. NOT A FIX!! Tried the suggested fixes but no joy. Occurs in XP/32 (old system) and Win 7/64 (a new clean system.) Not a firewall issue as firefox is excepted.

New Contributor

I tried this today, and it is working now: Click Firefox > Options > Options > Advanced ... then Uncheck the option "Use hardware acceleration when available"