cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Newly updated Firefox 3.6.4 keeps crashing when opened

Highlighted
Grand Master

Newly updated Firefox 3.6.4 keeps crashing when opened

I have recently updated my Firefox to the 3.6.4 version but every time that I try to open it, it loads but freezes and all I can do is close it. I've uninstalled and reinstalled but this has failed to help.

User Agent

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US) AppleWebKit/531.22.7 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Safari/531.22.7

40 REPLIES
Grand Master

Re: Newly updated Firefox 3.6.4 keeps crashing when opened

Same thing.

Grand Master

Same here. Can barely open a tab or two before it freezes up.

Win 7 64 bit Ultimate here.

Grand Master

seems to crash anytime I open a page that contains flash

Grand Master

same here

Grand Master

Agrees.. seems to crash anytime I open a page that contains flash

Regular User

For the crash on startup people: Are you able to get Firefox started up in Troubleshoot Firefox issues using Safe Mode?

For the crash on Flash people: Please make sure your Flash plugin is up to date: http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/plugincheck/

If you're having issues with 3.6.4 and the Flash plugin, please take a look at Adobe Flash plugin has crashed - Prevent it from happening again and increase the timeout as indicated.

Grand Master

Same problem. Tried all the "solutions" (e.g., reinstalling flash plug-in, increasing timeout, etc.). Does not work.

Grand Master

tried all solutions, firefox only starts to be stable again deletting the cash. but if you go to youtube again, and watch anything, it crashes sometime later... i think its a code bug.

Grand Master

Same issues - when i try and open a tab with any significant flash content (some small ads seem O.K. but anything more lie a video and it's a straight-up firefox crash). Have updated flash to the latest version and had no problems with 3.6.3. I'm getting firefox completely crashing (i get the "firefox has crashed" dialog) a lot due to flash being everywhere.

Adjusting the timeout doesn't do anything - the plugin isn't crashing - it's firefox that crashes. Currently looking to revert to 3.6.3 as this version is unusable (getting a crash a minute when browsing as i keep hitting flash content - flash blocker doesn't seem to be working so the content loads immediately).

Win7 pro 64bit.