cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to move my Firefox account to a new computer and take my ant.com videos with me but can't see how to do it. I am not very computer literate

Highlighted
New User

Need to move my Firefox account to a new computer and take my ant.com videos with me but can't see how to do it. I am not very computer literate

Hi, I have read and re-read about moving profiles and backing up profiles and I have got myself very confused. I tried to use Mozbackup but when I restored on my new computer and the Firefox I had previously installed was empty. i know i am doing something stupid but if somebody could tell me in simple terms what to do I would be very grateful. I am migrating from Windows 7 to Windows 8. Many thanks for any help.

3 REPLIES
Site Moderator

Re: Need to move my Firefox account to a new computer and take my ant.com videos with me but can't see how to do it. I am not very computer literate

Files that you have downloaded via an extension are not stored in the Firefox profile folder, but elsewhere on the computer in the folder where you have saved them and you need to backup that folder and possibly other folders with data that you want to keep for the new computer.

New User

Re: Need to move my Firefox account to a new computer and take my ant.com videos with me but can't see how to do it. I am not very computer literate

Thank you so much for the super fast response. I am a lot slower at doing what you suggest than you are at telling me what I should do. I need more experience.

So I have found my data and now I need to get it onto my new laptop which is no problem because I will

New User

Sorry fingers slipped. I will put the data onto an external drive and move it across but how will i associate it with my Firefox and Ant.com ?

Thank you cor-el for any help

jamesdee