Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Myspace music player says flash is unavailable

SOLVED
Highlighted
New User

Myspace music player says flash is unavailable

Before I begin, I would like to say that I have the current version of Adobe Flash, and that all other websites that require flash work just fine (YouTube, Facebook, A few other video sites, Pandora, etc)

Whenever I try to play something on the myspace video player, it displays a message something along the lines of "Flash is unavailable for playback. Your Flash version is: 11.2.202 To proceed, try the following:Refreshing the Page, Restarting your Browser, Upgrading your Flash Player"

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling Flash (both the software and the plugin), and Firefox with no avail. Right now, I have to use IE to play anything off of myspace and it pisses me off, simply because I hate IE (I don't use Chrome, and who doesn't hate IE?)

My system specs are: Athlon II 2.6Ghz quad core 4gb of RAM ATI Radeon HD 4550 512mb DDR3 Graphics Card

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
New User

Re: Myspace music player says flash is unavailable

I found the answer: download the OrganizationalSSL Intermediate cert (http://www.globalsign.com/support/intermediate-root-install-old.php)

click the OrganizationSSL Intermediate link, copy/paste the contents into notepad, and save locally as OrganizationSSL.crt (click the dropdown box next to the file name, and make sure (All types) *.* is selected)

note: this cert is already installed on my mac firefox install...

import the cert into firefox by going toTools>Options>Advanced>Encryption>View Certificates, and click Import

Browse to wherever you saved it and select the file. Make sure you allow it to identify websites

Restart Firefox and launch the myspace music player, it should work.

2012-04-24-09-39-37-68a7d4.png
19 REPLIES
Site Moderator

You can check the local storage settings in Flash.

• Windows Control Panel > Flash Player

Global Storage Settings Panel:

Flash Website Storage Settings panel:

Flash Local storage settings Help:

New User

There weren't any entries for any MySpace domain in the storage and playback settings in the control panel, so I added the MySpace domain, and allowed it to save entries and use peer-to-peer networking (although I doubt MySpace would use a p2p protocol). I used the links you gave me to change the global and local storage settings (I raised it from 100kb to 10mb), and the myspace music player still wouldn't load.

2012-04-24-08-18-51-44a056.png
Site Moderator

If you use extensions (Tools > Add-ons > Extensions) like Adblock Plus or NoScript or Flash Block that can block content then make sure that such extensions aren't blocking content.

Start Firefox in Troubleshoot Firefox issues using Safe Mode to check if one of the extensions or if hardware acceleration is causing the problem (switch to the DEFAULT theme: Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Appearance/Themes).

Clear the cache and the cookies from sites that cause problems.

"Clear the Cache":

• Tools > Options > Advanced > Network > Offline Storage (Cache): "Clear Now"

"Remove Cookies" from sites causing problems:

• Tools > Options > Privacy > Cookies: "Show Cookies"
New User

OK, so I first started by clearing my cache and deleting my cookies as well as disabling Adblock Plus, which didn't do anything, so I re-enabled it, and started Firefox in Safe Mode, which didn't help anything either.

I then tried disabling hardware acceleration, and that too didn't help the issue.

So I upgraded to the beta in hopes that the issue might have a fix somewhere, but no luck there either. I find it odd though that the myspace music player works on my mac running the same version of flash and Firefox.

And on a side note, I am running the Firefox version of Flash, not the IE version.

Thank you for your help so far! Smiley Happy

New User

I found the answer: download the OrganizationalSSL Intermediate cert (http://www.globalsign.com/support/intermediate-root-install-old.php)

click the OrganizationSSL Intermediate link, copy/paste the contents into notepad, and save locally as OrganizationSSL.crt (click the dropdown box next to the file name, and make sure (All types) *.* is selected)

note: this cert is already installed on my mac firefox install...

import the cert into firefox by going toTools>Options>Advanced>Encryption>View Certificates, and click Import

Browse to wherever you saved it and select the file. Make sure you allow it to identify websites

Restart Firefox and launch the myspace music player, it should work.

2012-04-24-09-39-37-68a7d4.png
New User

Thank you! Although seemingly complicated, this fix actually worked!!

New User

Note to people who get a 404 when trying to visit that URL: The ) on the end breaks it.

Use below to get directly to the necessary certificate: https://www.globalsign.com/support/intermediate/organizationssl_intermediate.php

(This is a bad sign for MySpace, by the way, when the cert they use has no validation path in a major browser.)

New User

firefox doesn't work with my space music

brucer.robbins7@gmail.com 708-456-4196

New User

Brucer, have you tried installing the certificate that both I, and Charixfox have linked to? Firefox DOES work with Myspace music player- there's simply an issue on Mypsace's end, which requires some work for those of us who use Firefox and Windows.