cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My scroll stopped working using touchpad within any Firefox 4 window opened.

Highlighted
New User

My scroll stopped working using touchpad within any Firefox 4 window opened.

I downloaded Firefox 4 and now my touchpad scroll does not work. It works fine in Internet Explorer, so it is not my computer. Also followed instructions on updating my touchpad driver and also changed settings in Firefox (about:config) etc etc and STILL scroll pad doesn't work...yet works fine everywhere else.

15 REPLIES
New User

Re: My scroll stopped working using touchpad within any Firefox 4 window opened.

Try this :

For all who have problem with the standard ALPS touchpad driver in firefox 4; here is a quick registry fix: 1) Open registry with regedit 2) Search for following key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Alps\Apoint 3) Set ScrMethod to 1 4) Reboot

After that scrolling in FF4 should be possible.

For me it works with a Acer Aspire

New User

Re: My scroll stopped working using touchpad within any Firefox 4 window opened.

that's the solution. wonderful! now it works.

New User

thanks it work now =)

New User

It didn't worked I have an Acer Aspire 5542 with a standar ALPS touch pad and its lastest driver I made the registry fix but it didn't work :/ .............. what else can I do......... the scroll worked for a few seconds but it stopped working again.... It only happens on Firefox 4......... 3.6 is Ok :/

New User

Thank you thv01, that worked for me, and also fixed the scroll issue I was having in Spotify. Both now work fine. :-)

New User

I did this

(this is a cut and paste from another site)

If your Firefox give no respond when you click the Page Up, Page Down, Home or End button, you might have activated caret browsing. You might also notice that there will be a blinking text cursor when you click on a passage or text on a website.

You might have accidentally activated the caret browsing without noticing it and started scolding when those buttons won’t work.

Caret Browsing - Firefox

To solve the problem, just simply press on the F7 key click on NO

(and everything works the scroll buttons and the home and end buttons too)

New User

thanks. after 1000 tips , just this is serious and works. elturcoch

New User

Thanks to http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/questions/801725#answer-161532

It worked for my acer Aspire 5315! Thought I was going to have to revert to the older version of FF. Thank you for posting the solution!

New User

Solution to the problem at last !!! Was at my wits end and for the first time in a long while thinking of using another browser or reverting back to FF3.6 ... Thanks a lot for the solution ... I really didn't want to let go of FF4