cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My "Restore Previous Session" button is not working anymore. When I click it, nothing happens. How can I fix this?

SOLVED
Highlighted
New Contributor

My "Restore Previous Session" button is not working anymore. When I click it, nothing happens. How can I fix this?

When I click the "Restore Previous Session" button on my Firefox home page, nothing happens. It usually restores all of my tabs from the previous session, and now it does nothing.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Site Moderator

Re: My "Restore Previous Session" button is not working anymore. When I click it, nothing happens. How can I fix this?

You can try to delete the chromeappsstore.sqlite file in the Firefox Profile Folder.

• Help > Troubleshooting Information > Profile Directory: Open Containing Folder
12 REPLIES
Site Moderator

Re: My "Restore Previous Session" button is not working anymore. When I click it, nothing happens. How can I fix this?

You can try to delete the chromeappsstore.sqlite file in the Firefox Profile Folder.

• Help > Troubleshooting Information > Profile Directory: Open Containing Folder
New Contributor

Thanks a lot! It worked!!

New Contributor

Yippee, this worked for me as well. Google was to blame, and not Firefox. May be it's a cunning plan of theirs?

New Contributor

I tried this and it didn't work for me.

Site Moderator

Make sure that you do not use Clear Recent History to clear the Browsing History when you close Firefox.

New Contributor

Hi cor-el

After deleting the file, that bug is solved. HOORAY!

But it seems like it crashes my About:Home page. Now, there's a blank box below the search bar and it is not responding. Can't use it to search etc. Does this happen to your FF?

Thanks. Much appreciated.

2011-11-07-20-45-44-132640.jpg
New Contributor

"But it seems like it crashes my About:Home page. Now, there's a blank box below the search bar and it is not responding. Can't use it to search etc. Does this happen to your FF?"

^^Yeah, this happened to me also after deleting the file, thuogh it's all back to normal now. I was wondering what might've caused so that it doesn't happen again

Site Moderator

A few days back there was a large snippet added that shows a persona preview and that snippet seems to have cause this issue.
That persona preview snippet is still there, so the problem may reappear.

Reset the browser.startup.homepage_override.mstone pref on the about:config via the right-click context menu to the default on the about:config page.
Set the browser.aboutHomeSnippets.updateUrl pref to an empty string to prevent loading that snippet. Close and restart Firefox to make the changes effective.

To open the about:config page, type about:config in the location (address) bar and press the "Enter" key, just like you type the url of a website to open a website.
If you see a warning then you can confirm that you want to access that page.
Use the Filter bar at to top of the about:config page to locate a preference more easily.

New Contributor

It worked! For me it worked only after I repeated2-3 times the procedure; but it worked!