cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My firefox upgraded this morning to 18.0.1 and I lost ALL my bookmarks that were previously saved in Firefox. How can I get them back?

Highlighted
New Contributor

My firefox upgraded this morning to 18.0.1 and I lost ALL my bookmarks that were previously saved in Firefox. How can I get them back?

My Firefox upgraded to 18.0.1 this morning automatically and all my bookmarks were lost. I need them back

4 REPLIES
Support Forum Moderator

Re: My firefox upgraded this morning to 18.0.1 and I lost ALL my bookmarks that were previously saved in Firefox. How can I get them back?

Sorry that this has happened, but it is not typical behavior.

Firefox automatically created backup copies of the bookmarks, for details of how to restore bookmarks from a backup see this support article - Restore bookmarks from backup or move them to another computer

This support article may also be of use - Recover lost or missing Bookmarks

Site Moderator

Re: My firefox upgraded this morning to 18.0.1 and I lost ALL my bookmarks that were previously saved in Firefox. How can I get them back?

New Contributor

"Not typical behavior". I think not. I am yet another person this happened to. Even if I can get them back, you've just wasted an hour or two of my time. I won't be using firefox again after I've recovered my bookmarks. If I recover them. Thanks for nothing.

Site Moderator

You should be able to fix this easily because Firefox keeps ten JSON backups in the bookmarkbackups folder, one each day that you start Firefox.
So a lot must go wrong like a full profile loss to lose all bookmarks.

If rebooting or deleting all places.sqlite files like I posted above didn't make the bookmarks reappear then you can try to restore them manually in the Bookmarks Manager (Library).