cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My downloads won't open from the Download List (double click)-how can I restore this function?

SOLVED
Highlighted
New Contributor

My downloads won't open from the Download List (double click)-how can I restore this function?

I have not had this problem before, but recently downloaded photos from my Blackberry phone to HP Photo Essential. Would this cause the problem?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
All Star Contributor

Re: My downloads won't open from the Download List (double click)-how can I restore this function?

downloads won't open from the Download List:

The Downloads Manager ("Ctrl+J") is more like a log of downloads, it does not verify that the download still exits. Make sure you are setup to download to a permanent location, not into temporary files that get cleaned by the browser or by CCCleaner or something designed to clear out temporary files.

Tools > Options > General > Downloads: ...

Tools > Options > Privacy > [x] Remember download history

Don't clear your download history automatically, but having a lot there whether they exist or not, can slow down Firefox at least it was an issue:

http://img232.imageshack.us/img232/4928/clearcachew.png

The may be additional about:config settings in addition to the above.

1 REPLY
All Star Contributor

Re: My downloads won't open from the Download List (double click)-how can I restore this function?

downloads won't open from the Download List:

The Downloads Manager ("Ctrl+J") is more like a log of downloads, it does not verify that the download still exits. Make sure you are setup to download to a permanent location, not into temporary files that get cleaned by the browser or by CCCleaner or something designed to clear out temporary files.

Tools > Options > General > Downloads: ...

Tools > Options > Privacy > [x] Remember download history

Don't clear your download history automatically, but having a lot there whether they exist or not, can slow down Firefox at least it was an issue:

http://img232.imageshack.us/img232/4928/clearcachew.png

The may be additional about:config settings in addition to the above.