cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My computer crashed recently and I had to upload Firefox again. I no longer have the tab thumbnail feature. How do I access/retrieve the tab thumbnail feature a

Highlighted
New Contributor

My computer crashed recently and I had to upload Firefox again. I no longer have the tab thumbnail feature. How do I access/retrieve the tab thumbnail feature a

When opening new tab, how do I get/add the thumbnail page instead of blank page.

16 REPLIES
New Contributor

Re: My computer crashed recently and I had to upload Firefox again. I no longer have the tab thumbnail feature. How do I access/retrieve the tab thumbnail feature a

Hi,

Try this:

When you open a new tab and it will show blank (white) page/background - on top right corner of this background you should see an icon which looks like a matrix of 3x3 boxes. When you click it your white background should switch back to thumbnails of pages.

Let me know if this helped.

Cheers!

New Contributor

Re: My computer crashed recently and I had to upload Firefox again. I no longer have the tab thumbnail feature. How do I access/retrieve the tab thumbnail feature a

rmldsky, Sorry, I did not see matrix box icon in upper right corner. WilliamRMoore

New Contributor

Hm, I was referring to this one: https://support.cdn.mozilla.net/media/uploads/gallery/images/2012-05-16-12-04-59-4ca3a3.png

You may also try this solution if the button is not there:

Type about:config into address bar, press Enter. Accept the warning. Search for browser.newtabpage.enabled, right click it, and press Reset. Then search for browser.newtab.url, right click it, and press Reset.

Also some tips on using New Tab Page can be found here: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/new-tab-page-show-hide-and-customize-top-sites

I hope this time the solution will help you!

New Contributor

Hi, That icon does that not appear on my new tab blank page. Attempted to upload screen shot but unsucessfully. Got: Error uploading image

New Contributor

Reset is not available/active for browser.newtabpage.enabled.

Site Moderator

What is the value of the browser.newtab.url pref?

See this article about the New Tab page (about:newtab):

New Contributor

I think I downloaded Firefox 21 and my browser does not have: pin icon in the top-left corner of the site. It dose have the round logo and not the long button shown in many example graphics on site.

Site Moderator

Can you attach a screenshot?

Use a compressed image type like PNG or JPG to save the screenshot.

New Contributor

Screen shot of new tab window.

2013-05-23-00-00-58-094ef9.png