Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Start Incredibar extensions

SOLVED
Highlighted
New User

My Start Incredibar extensions

Like a lot of others, I have had terrible problems with this damn incredibar thing that has somehow gotten onto my laptop. Thanks to the other threads in the forums I have managed to get Firefox back to what I originally had, (remove webassistent, check about:config etc...) but I still have one concern. When I search for incredibar in about:config, I still get a whole load of extensions.incredibar results. I am not very technically literate when it comes to these things but is there anyway I can remove these or are they just remnants that I am better off leaving alone? The incredibar extension doesn't seem to come up in the list under the Firefox Tab. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Site Moderator

Re: My Start Incredibar extensions

Here's a really detailed guide on how to remove Incredibar (complete w/ screenshots!): http://deletemalware.blogspot.com/2012/07/remove-mystart-by-incredibar-uninstall.html

This should fully get rid of Incredibar. This is definitely one of those annoying & difficult ones to get rid of.

Those extensions.incredibar results should be safe to remove. They only are active when the extension is installed. If it's uninstalled, then those settings can't affect anything. Also those kinds of settings get left behind from all kinds of add-ons because there isn't a way to auto remove those settings when a add-on is uninstalled. Hopefully this problem is fixed one day by the Firefox devs.

To erase those settings:

• In the url bar, type about:config and press Enter. If you see the "This might void your warranty!" warning, just click the I'll be careful, I promise! button to continue.
  • Type extensions.incredibar into the Search box. Then right-click on each setting that appears in the results below and choose Reset. That will erase the settings from Firefox after you shutdown Firefox.
  • You can also do nothing. They are just left behind remnants that don't do anything.

Example screenshot:
About:config Reset menu option

29 REPLIES
Site Moderator

Here's a really detailed guide on how to remove Incredibar (complete w/ screenshots!): http://deletemalware.blogspot.com/2012/07/remove-mystart-by-incredibar-uninstall.html

This should fully get rid of Incredibar. This is definitely one of those annoying & difficult ones to get rid of.

Those extensions.incredibar results should be safe to remove. They only are active when the extension is installed. If it's uninstalled, then those settings can't affect anything. Also those kinds of settings get left behind from all kinds of add-ons because there isn't a way to auto remove those settings when a add-on is uninstalled. Hopefully this problem is fixed one day by the Firefox devs.

To erase those settings:

• In the url bar, type about:config and press Enter. If you see the "This might void your warranty!" warning, just click the I'll be careful, I promise! button to continue.
  • Type extensions.incredibar into the Search box. Then right-click on each setting that appears in the results below and choose Reset. That will erase the settings from Firefox after you shutdown Firefox.
  • You can also do nothing. They are just left behind remnants that don't do anything.

Example screenshot:
About:config Reset menu option

New User

Thanks for that, good to know!

New User

I've tried to reset them and they keep coming back. Blasted thing keeps redirecting my browser to their web site.

New User

Hello,

I 've done everything in my power in this matter: Uninstalled both Incredibar and WebAssistant via Control panel, deleted it in Search Manager and Internet Options, removed it from the Add-ons, reset every single relevant extension through about:config, repeated the whole process in Firefox SafeMode after resetting all preferences, but still after every Firefox restart ti keeps coming back! It must be somehow attached to another application (probably the one through which it installed itself) and I have no way to find out which one it is.

Is there a permanent solution? And, besides being annoying, can it damage the system in the long run??

Site Moderator

jkelly & nikpanIt, check out my post here:
Removed "mystart.incredibar" by resetting values of related entries in about:config but on restart o...

It might help. If you do find the user.js file, please make a copy and send it to the email in that post.

Also I don't believe it can damage the system in the long run since it's not a malicious virus. I believe it's just one of those annoying, difficult to remove toolbars.

New User

I had cleared out the user.js file before posting here. I have since cleaned out many more user settings based on AVG recommendations. I'll see if it pops up this evening.

New User

Just popped up. This keeps resetting in the about:config. I've reset it to clear it, removed the mystart and also modified it by adding underscores and it keeps coming back. I've found a couple of places in the registry but there aren't any values.

{336D0C35-8A85-403a-B9D2-65C292C39087}.ScriptData_WSG_whiteList;{"search.babylon.com":"q","search.sweetim.com":"q","search.imesh.net":"q","www.search-results.com":"q","home.mywebsearch.com":"searchfor","search.mywebsearch.com":"searchfor","search.mindspark.com":"searchfor","search.conduit.com":"q","search.zugo.com":"p","www2.mystart.com":"q","www.mystart.com":"q","www.bigseekpro.com":"q","bigseekpro.com":"q","bigspeedpro.com":"q","search.esnips.com":"searchQuery","search.foxtab.com":"q","search.brothersoft.com":"keyword","search.softonic.com":"q","www.dogpile.com":"q","search.infospace.com":"q","search.iobit.com":"q","search.iminent.com":"","search.facemoods.com":"s","www.plusnetwork.com":"q","www.alothome.com":"q","alothome.com":"q","search.alothome.com":"q","search.chatvibes.com":"q","search.blekko.com":"","www.searchnu.com":"q","searchnu.com":"q","search.icq.com":"q","search.etype.com":"query","isearch.babylon.com":"q","search.utorrent.com":"","search.bittorrent.com":"","search.bearshare.com":"q","search.bearshare.net":"q","searchya.com":"q","int.search-results.com":"q","search.searchcompletion.com":"q","www.adoresearch.com":"q","www.searchcore.net":"q","googosearch.info":"terms","bar.searchqu.com":"q","search.speedbit.com":"q","search.toggle.com":"q","click.searchnation.net":"query","isearch.whitesmoke.com":"q","search.handycafe.com":"q","searchassist.babylon.com":"q","searchnation.net":"query","video.searchcompletion.com":"q","www.searchbrowsing.com":"q","search.anchorfree.net":"q","search.hotspotshield.com":"q","dts.search-results.com":"q","uk.search-results.com":"q","search.chatzum.com":"q","search.phpnuke.org":"q","www.i-mysearch.com":"q","search.smartaddressbar.com":"q","www.search-guru.com":"q","mysearch.sweetim.com":"q","searchgby.com":"","thespecialsearch.com":"q","search.bpath.com":"q","start.funmoods.com":"s","fr.search-results.com":"q","de.search-results.com":"q","it.search-results.com":"q","es.search-results.com":"q","search.imesh.com":"q","search.swagbucks.com":"q","isearch.avg.com":"q","search.avg.com":"q","search.yippy.com":"query","cludr.com":"q","search.vmn.net":"q","www.gigablast.com":"q","www.metacrawler.com":"q","www.webcrawler.com":"q","www.ixquick.com":"","www.search.com":"q","www.excite.com":"q","duckduckgo.com":"q","search.lycos.com":"q","webfetch.com":"q","monstercrawler.com":"q","go.com":"p","hotbot.com":"keyword","home.myplaycity.com":"s","www.findamo.com":"q","search.gboxapp.com":"q","start.iplay.com":"q","home.speedbit.com":"q","home.sweetim.com":"q","search.alot.com":"q","search.searchplusnetwork.com":"q","www.searchqu.net":"","us.yhs4.search.yahoo.com":"p","search.insiteapp.com":"q","somoto.com":"q","blekko.com":"","uk.yhs4.search.yahoo.com":"p","fr.yhs4.search.yahoo.com":"p","suggestor.netliker.com":"","search.netliker.com":"","insta-search.com":"q","www.fast-search.biz":"q","start.facemoods.com":"s","search.coolnovo.com":"","chromeplus.info":"q","in.yhs4.search.yahoo.com":"p","in.yhs.search.yahoo.com":"p","www.searchble.com":"keyword","home.allgameshome.com":"s","forsearch.net":"q","allssearch.com":"q","search.snap.do":"q","us.yhs.search.yahoo.com":"p","uk.yhs.search.yahoo.com":"p","fr.yhs.search.yahoo.com":"p","search.smartsearchbox.net":"","search.seznam.cz":"q","search.funmoods.com":"s","search.avira.com":"q","search.jzip.com":"q","search.findeer.com":"","search-faster.com":"","dnssearch.rr.com":"search","search.rr.com":"q","search.kalloutsearch4.com":"q","kalloutsearch4.com":"Keywords","search.rapidns.net":"SearchQuery","websearch.4shared.com":"q","images.search.conduit.com":"q","search.cpchero.biz":"q","search.kikin.com":"q","www.engine-search.biz":"q","www.mysearchresults.com":"q","search.vdc.com.vn":"SearchQuery","search.charter.net":"search","search-vbc.com":"keywords","search.pch.com":"q","search.pantip.com":"","www.startsearcher.com":"","search.icafemanager.com":"q","aolsearcht10.search.aol.com":"q","search.free.fr":"","www.similarsitesearch.com":"URL","qoqole.com":"q"}|||8641343774814118

New User

@Noah_SUMO: O yes, I forgot to mention that; I 'd seen your post about the user.js file but when I tried to relocate it I couldn't find it! Still (now that you did it for me), there is no such file in the Profile folder... Relieved to know that there is no potential damage involved.

@jkelly: I don't quite understand what the list you show is all about - mind you, I 'm no cpu expert!

Anyway, I thank you both for your posts.

New User

Hi After having done everything else I uninstalled Mozilla Firefox and then reinstalled it and so far it seems to have solved the problem. Best of luck