Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Home pages are being hijacked by /www.searchqu.com/ on opening

SOLVED
Highlighted
New Contributor

My Home pages are being hijacked by /www.searchqu.com/ on opening

When ever I open I get one tab directed at /www.searchqu.com/ I have tried to restore my home pages through options but when I start up again I go to /www.searchqu.com/

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Regular Contributor

Re: My Home pages are being hijacked by /www.searchqu.com/ on opening

@neagu, we understand that this is a specific case which requires couple more actions , we would suggest you to follow the instructions below : 1.go to Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs > look for windows searchqu toolbar > Uninstall 2.reboot the browser. 3.the issue should be resolved now and you can change the homepage manually by using the following link: http://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/How%20to%20set%20the%20home%20page

please let us know if the issue persist so we can assist Smiley Happy

the searchqu support team.

23 REPLIES
Support Forum Moderator

See How to fix preferences that won't save for possible solutions to not being able to change preferences.

I also recommend running some malware scanners. You mentioned malware that is in the virus vault, but it is best to run several scanners as each will pick up things that the others miss. Some scanners you can try are:

New Contributor

The following worked for me go to tools/options/ on the bottom of the General tab click Manage add on's in the extensions tab i found one called DataMngr disable it or uninstall it and restart Firefox.

i hope this will work for you too

Revisiting this post 10/11/2011 i see that 'Zyxer' has a better answer find it in the bottom of the page

New Contributor

i have this same problem.....but im unable to delete addon DataMngr. my firefox has been updated to 4, and i have some addons are failing now. any suggestions?

New Contributor

thanx it working but when i am click on new tab it show a blank page

New Contributor

You can set your home page manually by going to your address bar and going to:

about:config

It'll warn you to be careful. Go in anyway. Search for:

keyword.url

in the filter and double click keyword.url From here you can change your default engine to a multitude of sites. For google, enter:

http://www.google.com/search?&q=

New Contributor

Tahnks Zyxer your answer is even better then mine, i modified my answer already.

New Contributor

Thanks................ I was going to uninstall firefox but your idea worked for me

Regards,

Seo company india

New Contributor

I followed all the advice mentioned on all the topics relating to this issue and still had no luck. Every time I restarted firefox my settings had reverted back to what they were (not just the searchqu homepage but ALL my settings).

I was able to finally resolve the issue by deleting the directories "C:\Documents and Settings\<user name>\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox" and "C:\Documents and Settings\<user name>\Local Settings\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox".

But I think it may be important to do a check for malicious software first.

New Contributor

Be sure to check installed programs for the Windows iLivid Toolbar. Uninstall it.

A from-scratch reinstallation of Firefox is highly recommended.