cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Adobe Flash plugin is fully updated but it keeps crashing when I use Facebook applications

Highlighted
Grand Master Contributor

My Adobe Flash plugin is fully updated but it keeps crashing when I use Facebook applications

My Adobe Flash plugin is fully updated but it keeps crashing when I use Facebook applications. What could cause of this crash?

This happened

Not sure how often

== 3 days ago

locked by a moderator due to the age of this thread - please start you own thread and provide pertinent information about your problem

20 REPLIES
Site Moderator

Re: My Adobe Flash plugin is fully updated but it keeps crashing when I use Facebook applications

See Adobe Flash plugin has crashed - Prevent it from happening again

Set the pref dom.ipc.plugins.timeoutSecs on the about:config page to a higher value like 30. That will make Firefox wait longer to make a decision that the plugin has crashed due to not responding.

To open the about:config page, type about:config in the location (address) bar and press the Enter key, just like you type the url of a website to open a website. If you see a warning then you can confirm that you want to access that page.

Grand Master Contributor

Re: My Adobe Flash plugin is fully updated but it keeps crashing when I use Facebook applications

thank you, i'll try that now

New Contributor

I have the same problem and I tried that, well my computer is slower so I set it to 40 and it still crashed. When the FireFox security update and subsequent Adobe Flash Player were updated it happened immediately . I even tried to go back and use the last version of Adobe and it still crashes. Every game in facebook crashes, even chat in yahoo. Come on guys, my crops have withered, and my fish are almost dead! lol...Please help!

Grand Master Contributor

Only difference is that I am running windows vista home premium and the problem with the adobe flash plug-in just started yesterday. I have gone to check to make sure that it is the current and most up to date version multiple times and it is. I have been sending the crash reports each time it happens as well.

I will try resetting the value to 30 as suggested above and hopefully that will resolve the problem. Otherwise I am going back to IE 8!

Grand Master Contributor

i have the same problem everytime with facefook games....i tried to update adobe reader and i had this

http://platformdl.adobe.com/NOS/getPlusPlus/1.6/gp.xpi

now what??????????

Grand Master Contributor

I am having a problem with Farmville as the Adobe Flash plug in keeps crashing.....how do I fix this....i have updated the Adobe Flash and still a problem...PLEASE HELP.

Grand Master Contributor

Guys, I did what cor-el said It worked on be, but I don't play Farmville it's no longer crashing for me except I put the time-out time more than 30secs so yea O.o

Grand Master Contributor

I did as was suggested and changed the time out to more than 30 seconds and so far I have not had the problem. However, I am also getting a link stating to update my firefox ~ but I am just closing the box since I did not start having this problem until I did the firefox update to begin with.

Support Forum Moderator

You might want to try 45 seconds for that preference, which what 3.6.6 changes it to.